Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

In my sig old bean , spent that day trying to fix my fTP link so the rain stats are off

Can't see it cause on phone !

• Registered Users Posts: 39 martyfurey

Weathering wrote: »
    Snowing heavily at last in Eastern Donegal

any pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Why are we Irish so crap when it comes to dressing for the weather? Saw loads of people of all ages today without umbrellas, headgear or even coats, getting drenched and frozen.
    It seems to start in secondary school with the idea that protecting yourself against the weather is uncool or not macho :rolleyes:

Wait 'til the temps head back up to around 13c and people rush to the beach and walk around town in shorts :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Temps dropping steadily here near Allenwood, Kildare, 289ft ASL, I reckon it's about 2 degrees, down from 4.5 an hour and a half ago, the clouds above are laden, just another couple of degrees cooler please and we might be in for some white gold :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Can't see it cause on phone !

Can't see it either on my desktop?

1.7c DP 1.2c here. Mainly rain.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

just saw a misprint in the forecast : 3 inches of snot expected in Dublin.

That should of course be 6 inches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

What's it like with Pangea in Donegal town,bad in ballybofey now. Wouldn't fancy trekking through the gap now(I really would)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Saw loads of people of all ages today without umbrellas, headgear or even coats, getting drenched and frozen.

Coats are so twentieth century, don't you think?

Anyhow snow beginning to lie in Belfast
    3.jpg?cache=1358529531022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Temp up to 3.4 and light rain

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

massive downpour of rain and hail in arklow just now place is covered in slush turning back to rain now tho.

Very high chance of flooding in arklow this evening due to high tide and rain etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

M2 buoy at 5pm: temp 2.7, DP 1.7

Both up a bit from 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

M2 buoy at 5pm: temp 2.7, DP 1.7

Both up a bit from 4pm.

Bah, I give up for Dublin this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Looking at the metoffice radar(Because met.ie radar is sh_t for the NW) shows the snow pushing west across Ulster now,my area looks good for a nice constant flow of it if it continues in that fashion please

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Snow in Navan, Meath today. Turned to rain at midday but has gone back to snow now. Current temp 2c.
    Nothing is sticking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

A decent amount of flakes mixed with rain in Swords now. Been consistenly heavy all day.
    Iphone tells me its 0degrees, met.ie tells me its 2. I dont usually get cold (weve only had the heating on twice in the last year) but I'm starting to really feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

dacogawa wrote: »
    Video of 3 rock (Dublin) today, I'm going to head for there in the morning if nothing shows up down here

Didn't see you waving to us!!! [HTML]😉[/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Light snow no chance of sticking unless it gets heavier. Too wet from last night :-) Need a blizzard lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Weathering wrote: »
    What's it like with Pangea in Donegal town,bad in ballybofey now. Wouldn't fancy trekking through the gap now(I really would)

Im a good bit further west than there, its not snowing here at the moment. Good to hear you are getting some.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Something I have seen in years.

Sleet and wet snow all day in Portmarnock but mostly rain and sleet in Blanchardstown. Usually it is the other way around!! There often been several centimeters of lying snow in Dublin 15 and hardly any right on the coast..Bizarre!! Blanach about 20 k from the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Ulster looks like doing very well out of this
    Could be several more hours of snow up there
    Dublin's turn will come just need the wind to turn more to the East which it does through the night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Rougies wrote: »
    Bah, I give up for Dublin this evening.

Slightly warmer air pushing into the Dublin region I'd guess, sending at least lower elevations to the wrong side of marginal for potential snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Belfast has mostly wet snow though and is not really sticking...needs to be much heavier and a bit colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ulster looks like doing very well out of this
    Could be several more hours of snow up there
    Dublin's turn will come just need the wind to turn more to the East which it does through the night

Its been snowing in Belfast since lunch. Quite heavy now. Unfortunately Im in the city centre right now so its mostly just turning to slush but the suburbs must be getting quite a battering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

More precip bubbling up to the south of the main band. Seems to be happening in pulse. Wicklow mountains are going to be really buried! by morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I take it that the chances of snow at my location over the next few days is very low, seems to be marginal further north. Not overly impressed by the models, nothing much exciting happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

bilston wrote: »

Its been snowing in Belfast since lunch. Quite heavy now. Unfortunately Im in the city centre right now so its mostly just turning to slush but the suburbs must be getting quite a battering.

Might put out any burning flags !

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Snow queen Wexford

Does anyone know will there be any chance of snow in the "sunny" south east?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Something I have seen in years.

Sleet and wet snow all day in Portmarnock but mostly rain and sleet in Blanchardstown. Usually it is the other way around!! There often been several centimeters of lying snow in Dublin 15 and hardly any right on the coast..Bizarre!! Blanach about 20 k from the coast

Its a pretty "odd" event in that respect. There is a very sharp temp gradient across the front as is evidenced by the massive contrast in temps and conditions between North Dublin and counties just south of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

bilston wrote: »

Fascinating drive home to Bangor from Belfast there - the road down was like a Winter Wonderland with a blizzard thrown in - snow blowing about all over the place, but as I arrived in Bangor, the snow cover got less and less until I got home and there is none here at all! Hopefully there will be some settling now it's dark and it looks like a heavier burst is about to hit us on the coast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Heavier pulse of precip approaching Dublin from SW...expecting rain/sleet/ maybe even some hail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement