Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

We get the cold potentially arrives and then the precipitation goes missing! Typical!

I use this link and you can just see it arriving...not sure what prediction system it is.
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

This is the ECM.

Looks good here.

130118_1200_42.png

But then weaker when it reaches the southwest.

130118_1200_60.png
    130118_1200_66.png
    130118_1200_72.png

Would still give snowfall potential to the southwest with some light stuff in other places but it's not as intense, widespread or lengthy as on the 0Z. We'll see how it looks in the morning, could still change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

If Sunday night comes off as all models have suggested now for 4 straight days then the SAD counties of Waterford and particularly Cork may have their disorder cured forever!

Certainly my hopes have increased but still nagging doubts. Tomorrow will bring matters a day closer so we should have a better idea. The fact it's still so mild down here doesn't help my fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Been watching the temperature in Naas the last few hours.

4.45pm: 3.5C:D
    5.10pm: 3.1C:D:D
    5.30pm: 2.9C:D:D:D
    6.00pm: 2.9C:D:D
    6.45pm: 2.9C:confused:
    7.00pm: 3.1C:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was hoping for a wintery shower of some description but nothing tonight it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This looks promising for streamers in the east, mayhaps?

wj8ye.jpg
    kcjzz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

This is the ECM.

Looks good here.

[IMG]http://en.vedur.is/photos/atlant_evr_urkomuspa/130118_1200_42. Would still give snowfall potential to the southwest with some light stuff in other places but it's not as intense, widespread or lengthy as on the 0Z. We'll see how it looks in the morning, could still change.[/img]

Yes it could be gone further south!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

If Sunday night comes off as all models have suggested now for 4 straight days then the SAD counties of Waterford and particularly Cork may have their disorder cured forever!
    Sorty but what has changed for this to be the case now???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh God please don't let this happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I am going to call this. Think its going be a non event for sunday. All apps I look at show nothing at all.

Could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

leahyl wrote: »

What happen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Anyone have any current updates of snow/weather at their location? Still rain/sleet mix here in laytown, 2.5 deg here 1.5 about 2k inland. Wind still heavy ESE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I am going to call this. Think its going be a non event for sunday. All apps I look at show nothing at all.

Could be wrong.

Oh No!! Please don't say it, no! Surely not!! Don't tell me the Apps say no to snow.......All Hope is lost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's just pure rain now in Drogheda. Were is all this snow that is ment to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

leahyl wrote: »

Haha was wondering where you were:)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Torque.ie wrote: »
    Anyone have any current updates of snow/weather at their location? Still rain/sleet mix here in laytown, 2.5 deg here 1.5 about 2k inland. Wind still heavy ESE.

Blizzard conditions here - Whiteout. Suprised settled on ground as very wet but didn't take long once the heavier precip arrived.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain all the way here now! 2.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Calibos wrote: »

Oh No!! Please don't say it, no! Surely not!! Don't tell me the Apps say no to snow.......All Hope is lost!!

I usually take it with a pinch of salt but they have been dead on so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

slush from earlier now melted, feels milder than it has all day with bits of drizzle in the air. Hopefully we'll get something tomorrow, even a dusting will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

nice 4c here in laragh, nice 3c drop in 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

I usually take it with a pinch of salt but they have been dead on so far

The apps themselves are based on GFS runs so if the GFS says no snow it says no snow. We all know how accurate the GFS has been these past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

For people wanting lower temperatures , dont bank on it even if it gets low. 0c here and still wet sleety snowy mix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Calibos wrote: »

Mine don't agree

236955.jpg

And
    236956.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

My apps say some snow sun and mon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

rilz wrote: »
    Blizzard conditions here - Whiteout. Suprised settled on ground as very wet but didn't take long once the heavier precip arrived.

Same in NW Donegal, about 1-2cms laying near sea level

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

JonnyM wrote: »
    massive downpour of rain and hail in arklow just now place is covered in slush turning back to rain now tho.

Very high chance of flooding in arklow this evening due to high tide and rain etc

The bottom of Arklow town is now flooded

68480_588945591122978_1862475235_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Lets hope Dublin does not come to a standstill when it does happen!

42828510151294485716588.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Dungiven, Co. Derry just now.
    -1 c
    Blustery snow since about 4 this evening. About 3 cm lying nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

gbee wrote: »
    Mine don't agree

236955.jpg

And
    236956.jpg

What app is that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

As very much an outsider tonight but I thought worth a post,

Those showers coming in from the West could continue through the Southern half of the country. As temps are falling ahead of it, there is a very small chance that this ppn could turn to snow in places like North Cork etc.
    It's not far off a frost here in Cork at the moment so we would be in a better position that Western areas this evening.

Just a little thought, and small small chance

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

umm, is it possible to snow in cork so? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

3.5c in Swords (North Dublin) and lashing rain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement