Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Only goes out 48 hours.

Hard to know about the weekend yet. Nothing nailed at the moment.

Where theres hope and potential I will be happy! Maybe just maybe we might get lucky down south and get an 80's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Redsunset wrote: »
    236685.jpg

Upgrades continue.
    Oh good lord now its official great Britain controls the weather !!!!! Whats the chances all the snow hitting only uk and ni :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I could really do with snow from this and not rain, cos the amount forecast could flood my site again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

Wales is in for a right pasting tomorrow, Would take a miraculous turn for me down here in Wexford to get anything out of tomorrows system but I believe it's just the start of something big.

Looking forward to the 12zs.

jo06555 wrote: »
    Oh good lord now its official great Britain controls the weather !!!!! Whats the chances all the snow hitting only uk and ni :(

I presume you realise the Met Office only forecast for UK and Northern Ireland? They don't issue warnings for the Republic of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The Beeb at lunchtime graphics suggest alot of snow here tommorow in the N and E. Certainly a big upgrade compared to what they were showing this time yesterday in regards to this part of the world.

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    UKWx-201301180000.jpg

UKWx-201301180300.jpg

UKWx-201301180600.jpg
    Could the cold front move westwards more or is thus basically the best we can expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Very exciting!
    Dusting off the dust from the snow boots, yoo hoo!:D:D:D:D:D

At times like this though I do miss Su Campu :( and his vast knowledge.....hope he's lurking somewhere!

Could the cold front move westwards more or is thus basically the best we can expect??

Unlikely thought there may be small changes. Tomorrow is more a north and east event on current forecasts. From Saturday on offers more hope at this stage outside these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

At times like this though I do miss Su Campu :( and his vast knowledge.....hope he's lurking somewhere!

He's on NetWeather forums these days

• Advertisement

Unlikely thought there may be small changes. Tomorrow is more a north and east event on current forecasts. From Saturday on offers more hope at this stage outside these areas.
    Hopefully as south east im hoping gets a pasting ; (

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Met Eireann have removed the warning for next week, well, replaced it with a one liner !
    Next week: There is a high risk of a very cold week ahead with some severe frosts. Some falls of snow possible also especially early in the week. However details are highly uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hopefully as south east im hoping gets a pasting ; (

Maybe on top of the Comeraghs!

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Met Eireann have removed the warning for next week, well, replaced it with a one liner !

[quoteNext week: There is a high risk of a very cold week ahead with some severe frosts. Some falls of snow possible also especially early in the week. However details are highly uncertain.

Probably because of the ECM downgrade. Still a lot of uncertainty.

when was that downgrade?

So this is the start of the downgrades I take it .... ok coat in hand ready for the slideeeeeeee!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

NAE will be crucial, some support for a milder sector moving back as the small low development stalls over Ulster.

Hopefully this will be ruled out on the NAE 12z.

when was that downgrade?

The strong, cold easterly for early next weekend looks a lot less impressive.

NAE will be crucial, some support for a milder sector moving back as the small low development stalls over Ulster.

Hopefully this will be ruled out on the NAE 12z.

Would you hope that the 12z NAE would pretty much give us the likely story WC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

when was that downgrade?

This mornings ECM was not great for cold at all! Only brief encounters with air with 850hpa temps of -5 or lower. Can be seen here: http://en.vedur.is/weather/shipping/atlantic/#type=temp

GEM poor enough too in the short term for temps, good synoptics though. UKMO the coldest of the lot for Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The strong, cold easterly for early next weekend looks a lot less impressive.

So its a downgrade now? To good to be true last night.

So its a downgrade now? To good to be true last night.

0Z was just slackier, messier, less impressive. Still good overall in terms of the bigger picture since details several days away and will change again anyway, one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

I think the word "downgrade" should be banned around here to prevent mass hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

But have we not got colder air from the east meeting the air flow from the west over Ireland?
    Yes,but only on the frontal boundary.
    Wrong side of that and it's a tropical 5 to 8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

This isn't the ramp thread, downgrades are likely, imo most areas of Ireland won't see lying snow in the next 48 hours with North East being the exception and higher areas in the East. Beyond that there is great potential/risk of a more widespread snow but that's too far away for any certainty.

Be realistic and you won't be too disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

The pattern over the last week seems to be downgrades in the morning and upgrades in the evening, anyone know why this is the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Has anyone a link to MTs ramp on netweather earlier - was the bomb lol

A mischievous bomb imho. :)

Right, any 12z predictions ?

Myself I am going for a westward shift in the cold on the GFS, ECM and NAE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

TeaCup2 wrote: »
    The pattern over the last week seems to be downgrades in the morning and upgrades in the evening, anyone know why this is the case?

this fella?

Screen-shot-2012-05-10-at-16.03.21.png

• Advertisement

Whos that, pic too small.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement