Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

dave1982 wrote: »
    Amazing climate we have here, Snow floods and sunshine in the one day a distance of about 400 miles:D

Yeah amazing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Rain turning back to sleet there few mins ago in wickow town.
    Rain hasn't stopped all day here and some very bad flooding around now also the river vartry has burst it banks going into wicklow harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Temperatures on the rise here now too. Temp: 1.0C DP: 0.1C

Noooo. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

vickers209 wrote: »
    Rain hasn't stopped all day here and some very bad flooding around now also the river vartry has burst it banks going into wicklow harbour

Do you mean it is flooding the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Going to be a long night here :(. Flood water everywhere
    Sorry to hear that Big Daddy

• Advertisement

delw wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Big Daddy

Thanks, Its very disheartening, spent alot of money on drainage around our site and the pond its piped to cant take anymore so its backed up around the house, unbelievable really but its happened, and now i see a band of rain thats just formed over the midlands is heading this way. just so so Fed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

M2 buoy 11pm: temp 3.0, DP 1.8

DP down 0.3 since 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of snow overnight for South Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Thanks, Its very disheartening, spent alot of money on drainage around our site and the pond its piped to cant take anymore so its backed up around the house, unbelievable really but its happened, and now i see a band of rain thats just formed over the midlands is heading this way. just so so Fed up

Sorry to hear man... is it gettin in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Poor guy.... Heart goes out to you. Really sorry. Sending you best wishes etc over the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

Any chance of snow overnight for South Dublin?

Tonight? No. It looks rather quiet for the east tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Do you mean it is flooding the quays?

Yes all along the Quays the bridge tavern pub is flooded only been recently renovated too seen below

14869_10151360949329380_700036025_n.jpg

Sunday night looking interesting still.

13012018_1818.gif

13012018_1818.gif

13012018_1818.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Going to be a long night here :(. Flood water everywhere

So sorry hope you ok

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

kn2k10 wrote: »
    Tonight? No. It looks rather quiet for the east tonight.

Gone rather quiet on here too :(
    Anyone notice ur one on rte weather tonight loves the word "chiefly"

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Sunday night looking interesting still.

13012018_1818.gif

13012018_1818.gif

Any snow for Dublin due at all ? I may have to get in a jeep and head to the Hell Fire Club to see the real deal at this rate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Gone rather quiet on here too :(

This event is dead to me! Capiche? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The 11.55pm forecast would see snow for most people by next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

True, but nothing exceptional, sure had similar low maxes in late Nov and December last.

Anyone know why DE has closed his account. We are losing knowledgeable posters at a rate of knots.....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thomasthomas19

There a good layer of snow in north Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Nice ramp up from Siobhan on rte... Dropped the references to high ground and more focused on the East

Any snow for Dublin due at all ? I may have to get in a jeep and head to the Hell Fire Club to see the real deal at this rate :(

I have to say, if I was a betting man, I would favour Cork over Dublin for lying snow by Tuesday, if nothing comes of tonight(I don't think it will). Maybe a surprise Irish sea streamer tomorrow or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Anyone know why DE has closed his account. We are losing knowledgeable posters at a rate of knots.....
    :eek: Feckn hell not another one,he'll be sorely missed,sorry to see you go DE if you're lurking

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

5 or 6 serious hitters gone in the last few months :mad:

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear man... is it gettin in the house?
    Not in house yet but it will if theres anymore rain or snow, It flows in from the field next door, we built a bank only 2 weeks ago and it just bust through it during last night, taught i caught a break earlier, rain stopped and it started draining slowly and was clearing up but then had alot of snow this evening, we live in north meath, now its melted and just sitting der and going nowhere fast, about 6 inches from the front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

We're like a leaky ship lately. Are they all going to netweather or leaving entirely?

Sorry to see you gone deep easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

No way.... Thought Weathercheck was gone for a while too given the reduction in posts compared to previous cold spells....These were the guys with all the info in the previous cold spells and those that we learn from. Probably don't get the thanks they deserve so just in case... Maq, don't know where you get the energy from but your doing a cracking job and really educating posts too .... Hats off guys... Great forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

dacogawa wrote: »
    Doing the same but getting the bus (no.47) goes from Fleet St to Belarmine, 2.5k walk to the top of 3 Rock from there & the good thing about the bus is you can stop for a pint on the way back down & enjoy the view!
    Since your not driving there is a more adventurous route between the bluelight & lamb doyles if you don't fancy the tourist route :D
    It looks like an overgrown driveway but it's a right of way leading to the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Why are all these people leaving?

This puzzles me so.

• Advertisement

whitesands wrote: »
    Since your not driving there is a more adventurous route between the bluelight & lamb doyles if you don't fancy the tourist route :D
    It looks like an overgrown driveway but it's a right of way leading to the mountain.

Could you post where this is on google maps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement