Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Deep Easterly says "Closed Account" on his page,is he gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

M2 buoy midnight: temp 3.4, DP 2.2.

Both up since 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Lucreto wrote: »
    Why are all these people leaving?

This puzzles me so.

on similar topic, how did Spongebob get banned? Could be contrary but knew his onions.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

vickers209 wrote: »
    Yes all along the Quays the bridge tavern pub is flooded only been recently renovated too seen below

Yeah just after seeing it. Crazy amount of water flowing through the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Anyone know why DE has closed his account. We are losing knowledgeable posters at a rate of knots.....

What?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Looks that way & to think (open to correction on this) that it was Deep Easterly that introduced MT to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

on similar topic, how did Spongebob get banned? Could be contrary but knew his onions.....

Was he banned from Weather? He posts on a lot of forums and always is provocative, mostly within taste. Maybe he stepped over the line somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Anyone know why DE has closed his account. We are losing knowledgeable posters at a rate of knots.....

Might have something to do with getting stick over not ramping it up and posting how he see's it, like Su.

If that's the reason it's a pity considering Deep has called it very accurately over the last few days among some major ramping on here. Great poster and one of most level headed guys on here.

Come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

What?! :(

dont leave us maq! We promise to send snow over youghal bridge if you stay with us......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

No loss with what was coming out in the last few days,how could anyone complain about someone saying Gerry's Wed night forecast was an absolute shambles.Su is a different entity entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

hawkwing wrote: »
    No loss with what was coming out in the last few days,how could anyone complain about someone saying Gerry's Wed night forecast was an absolute shambles.Su is a different entity entirely.

"No loss" shows how little you know. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I hope Deep Easterly returns sometime, always liked his posts and he has great historical knowedge when it comes to weather, as others have said, a real loss but always welcome to return :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Ah feck, not another down. We have a small pool of people but a large pool of knowledge, sadly now a dwindling one. The closed account phenomenon is a strange one. If you were just fed up of the hype or such you would just stay away for a while. Closing your account is a deliberate message.

If any of ye are reading, we would love to have ye back.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Jesus lads they'll all be gone soon if it keeps up like this.....great poster will be missed on here anyway. But you cant really blame them with some of the ****e they have to put up with because they give there opinion....witch by the way is more often right than wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Sad people are closing their accounts but if they want to it's up to them
    I think there is trend,when interesting weather comes along they seem to close them around that time
    Very unusual for it to happen in benign weather
    Maybe their heads are that wrecked/fried they have no option but to ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Deep Easterly and all the other will be missed.

But if you don't have a thick skin you won't get throught life. People will have a different opinion than you on everything and you can't convince then otherwise. But taking the ball and going home will not convince them only hurt the people who find what they say interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Agreed, I don't get the closing account idea. I take a few days off every now and then but closing your account is such a final step. So many of these posters have done it without any obvious reason.

I really miss the technical discussions that so many knowledgeable people had (not saying those who are still here aren't good!!). Albeit that I never understood half of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

How could anyone get banned from a weather forum. Beggers belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

hawkwing wrote: »

Jesus Christ, Deep Easterly has been an excellent contributor to this forum over the last few years, I don't post often but after reading a comment like that it no wonder he left with the bandwagon type like you only here in winter

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    How could anyone get banned from a weather forum. Beggers belief.

O..You'd be surprised
    It's like a football match in here half the time

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Snow is ruining this place, it used be fun to see the debates over the charts, even if sometimes it got heated it was always fair and everyone made up.

Hopefully the people with good knowledge that are still here stay, and those that left come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Ah feck, not another down. We have a small pool of people but a large pool of knowledge, sadly now a dwindling one. The closed account phenomenon is a strange one. If you were just fed up of the hype or such you would just stay away for a while. Closing your account is a deliberate message.

If any of ye are reading, we would love to have ye back.

Very good post B. I was thinking the same - the "will it snow in my backyard" stuff that is to be expected around here at times like this is not a valid reason for closing an account. A deliberate message as you say. But who knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Listen lads. The models this week were imo +24/36 is FI.
    Everyone here, including DEEP, did their best to provide updates, forecasts, opinions etc...
    We should be glad that this knowledge is available ( for FREE ).
    I hope it snows.
    Come back DE.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Lucreto wrote: »
    Why are all these people leaving?

This puzzles me so.

It's because this place turns into a shíthole whenever the weather gets interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I think this thread has gone over the top, we should be talking about the weather, yes a little banter is all well and good but some posts on here are non weather related, we're loosing good knowledgeable people who have been on here longer than most. yes opinions will differ but that's the nature of weather forecasting, we chew the fat and give our opinion whether it's right or wrong we should respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Oh for goodness sake there's quite a bit of "forecasting snobbery" on here but it's just an amateur weather forum and it's ultimately just for fun! No need for sulking!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Dónal wrote: »
    Could you post where this is on google maps?

There's a good few of them along that road. On my phone at the moment so csnt post anything up but the easiest one to describe is about 50-100m before the Blue Light (coming from Lamb Doyles) a steep side road that goes up to the quarry. There's probably even a signpost for the quarry

You should be able to find them google maps though. You can easily see the trails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

omicron wrote: »

It's because this place turns into a shíthole whenever the weather gets interesting.

It's an open forum!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement