Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Higher precip in the east and northwest on the 12Z NAE. Looks like another adjustment west.

13011912_1712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Snow information UK have just tweeted that they expected the UKMO to upgrade to a red warning for NI for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yep some high precip amounts, Wicklow mtn could get buried.

But still have to see the other data before we see where the crucial -5c line is and more importantly dewpoints.

The orientation of the low is not clear from the accum precip charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Only interested in Cork weather, so I've made my own :)

236699.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I think Lucy asked about this earlier,but for those who are interested in mt craniums posts on netweather,here's a link to his profile there.
    Just click on posts on the left snd you'll have a list of the latest,click on any that interest you for the full post.

http://forum.netweather.tv/user/4238-roger-j-smith/

• Advertisement

gbee, rain in measured in mm not cm :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just an observation on the fronts, after the present, due to pass over us on Sunday onwards.

The present front is here in Cork now where it is raining. Its quite mild out. In fact according to the 6z GFS the uppers at noon when the front landed were around +3. On Sunday, the present guidance is that the front landing will have -4 to -6 uppers accompanying it. That's a ca. 9 degree difference in accompanying uppers. It will also then run into the easterly -6s coming from the UK. You'd have to give that a helluva chance of falling as snow everywhere......

NAE could show disruptive for some areas.

Obviously usual coastal Dublin the last to see it etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Rain has arrived in Waterford too ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Obviously usual coastal Dublin the last to see it etc..

*grumblegrumble*

• Advertisement

6am. Almost identical to the last run so far.

13011806_1712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

12z NAE for tomorrow morning

13011806_1712.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

That pink is creeping closer to the south east on every run, I've an early start tomorrow so hopefully get a chance to catch it before it turns back to rain.

The pink has made a definite shift west at midday

13011812_1712.gif

Yes, shifted a little further west and a little further south.

Uppers slightly colder in those areas.

Also DPs and Uppers better :)

13011812_1712.gif

13011812_1712.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Judging by 12Zh NAE, would I be right in saying that most of Dublin / Meath / Most of Leinster will get a good douse of the sneachta by Midday tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Graupel wrote: »
    That pink is creeping closer to the south east on every run, I've an early start tomorrow so hopefully get a chance to catch it before it turns back to rain.
    I noticed that too .. I know nothing about it but is it likely it could keep creeping closer??

Rain turning to snow over a wider area on the 12Z NAE.

At 15:00 the snow is still a tad further south than on the last run

13011818_1712.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Graupel

jo06555 wrote: »
    I noticed that too .. I know nothing about it but is it likely it could keep creeping closer??

Probably not as far as Waterford, But East/North/Northeast Wexford may see something in the early hours.

-10 uppers reaching the northeast Ulster coast at 33 hours.

-8 reaching the Donegal.

-10 uppers reaching the northeast Ulster coast at 33 hours.

-8 reaching the Republic.

A definite upgrade Maq :)

We deserve it at this stage !

Wicklow Mts have higher snowfall accumulation on the NAE than anywhere in the UK at 33 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The GFS a world apart compared to the NAE. NAE has -6 uppers on the East Coast, GFS -2 uppers...I expect a major upgrade on the 12z GFS...we'll find out at 15:35 or so...

patneve2 wrote: »
    The GFS a world apart compared to the NAE. NAE has -6 uppers on the East Coast, GFS -2 uppers...I expect a major upgrade on the 12z GFS...we'll find out at 15:35 or so...

NAE is higher resolution than the GFS though. Global models can miss small scale differences like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Wicklow Mts have higher snowfall accumulation on the NAE than anywhere in the UK at 33 hours.

Why does that not surprise me, Wicklow mountains are just unreal for snow. Might go up there and take some photos at the weekend if it's even accessible!!! They are like the scottish highlands when it comes to snow. Ski resort potential :-)))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It looks like rain all the way for most of us here in Munster. Enjoy the snow everywhere else.

NAE very good, for marginal areas of east Dublin/Meath/Louth still need a further shift south of the Low Feature to secure settling snow!

• Advertisement

At 42 hours. You can see the small area of darker purple in Wicklow (40cm), higher than the area in south Wales which is under a UK Met Office red warning. That should tell you what conditions would be like there if this model was right.

gzptT.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement