Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oscar_00123

Remains @ 2ºC here in Carlow @ 8:00AM... Light to Mild frost last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

FREETV wrote: »

Light snow falling here now. Yipee! :D

Flakes getting bigger now..still quite wet though.... D.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

The sky is a lovely angry looking grey colour over Dublin, I hope it pelts down all day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ye know whats is going to happen, the precip will clear then dry and chilly!! :P :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just listening to Gerry on Radio one, I think every second word he said was snow! :) What a turnaround for the guy! :p

I had to laugh, the poor bloke nearly chocked after the first use of the s word. It must be torture for him :pac:

• Advertisement

decent agreement for a breakdown Friday but lots between now and then to sink our teeth into

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Slight rise in temp here. 1.6c DP 1.1c.

M2 bouy DP 0.5c at 0800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Sleety rain in Drogheda at the mo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Slight rise in temp here. 1.6c DP 1.1c.

M2 bouy DP 0.5c at 0800.

Can you see three rock etc. and are they still covered?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Tabnabs wrote: »

Can just see the shadow - too misty to see where the snowline is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Tabnabs wrote: »

At that temp In docs location,3 rock would have snow.
    Up there it would be zero c

We went up above glenmalure in the jeep last night,struggling through floods first and then very snowy roads just above the village.Ridiculous amounts of snow.
    Its waist deep around Glendalough.Better than anything they have in Britain!

Can highly recommend the Coors light and the Guinness in the Glenmalure lodge,so icy cold,had a great meal there before home too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

<p>Snow over in Dublin? Now the fun begins in here. My county men and women are going to fill this nice little section of boards with all sorts of comments. No snow yet in my part of D4.</p>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

Snow is still too light, weak even. :D Come on snow! Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

ye know whats is going to happen, the precip will clear then dry and chilly!! :P :(

No good having those really cold upper temps for snow - and then no precipitation.....will be interesting to see how the day develops in the Greater Dublin region ;)

D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Can't see how anything that comes off the Atlantic can be snow. These heavy showers coming in now are just rain. Snow Not even covering the conemmara mountains. Wind is nw here, no sign of an ne or easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Can just see the shadow - too misty to see where the snowline is.

I can see Barnacullia area (Blue Light) from my house and its still white there.

Woke up to mush all over the deck, and a light dusting on the grass and dog house. Only about 50 snowflakes, but its sticking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

3 degrees and raining in malahide:(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

It's not looking good today so far, has anyone seen any models this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

snaps wrote: »
    Can't see how anything that comes off the Atlantic can be snow. These heavy showers coming in now are just rain. Snow Not even covering the conemmara mountains. Wind is nw here, no sign of an ne or easterly.

But snaps tomorrow night the stuff from the atlantic is coming gift wrapped in polar vortex air itself - hence the (hopefully not misplaced) optimism. Its a late present from the north pole I tells ya!

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    Can't see how anything that comes off the Atlantic can be snow. These heavy showers coming in now are just rain. Not even covering the conemmara mountains. Wind is nw here, no sign of an ne or easterly.
    reverse psychology works a treat?
    Did you miss wc's post earlier explaining how the done gal low diverted the Gb cold surface feed away from most of Ireland But as that drifts away in comes the easterly cold,which tallies with the Me forecast?

The Atlantic fronts will be rain in coastal counties when they come in but when as they will ,and where is the starting point ,for them to turn to snow as they meet the easterly feed and the developing cold pool over Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Temp rising? just took bin out about 5 minutes ago here in Tyrellstown,if anyone is near the area and finds a pair of bollocks drop them into me eh? bloody baltic :p

But snaps tomorrow night the stuff from the atlantic is coming gift wrapped in polar vortex air itself - hence the (hopefully not misplaced) optimism. Its a late present from the north pole I tells ya!
    personally I can't see it, its a warm Atlantic that air mass is coming over. Even now the air is coming from near Iceland and its not even leaving snow on conemmara.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Light snow falling in Blessington

The slow painful drop in temp has stalled at the dreaded 2.3c here.

The low just west of Donegal is still there and has yet to fill and move away west. It will eventually through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Graupel wrote: »
    Snowed here tonight so Sunday night chances must be high..And were in the very south east corner. Wasn't expecting anything tonight so barring downgrades sunday night could be special

Happy snow folks over and out here.

I'm no expert but what we had in Wexford Town was hail, not snow, but there sure was a lot of it. In fact it might e en have been graupel, I'm surprised you didn't recognise it! :D
    The noise of it woke me up around 12:30, thought the roof was going to cave in!
    but most of it was gone this morning, 2 degrees when I was in the car at 730.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

very light snow sleet falling here in citywest

The low just west of Donegal is still there and has yet to fill and move away west. It will eventually through the day.
    it hasn't moved an inch since yesterday. If anything it seems to have moved slightly north, putting more of the country in a nw flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just back from a run in lucan. Not that cold but there is wet snow falling.

Don't think tomorrow night will happen. Its another marginal thing and that low up north isnt moving

• Advertisement

Looking at models we should have colder air coming in from the NE during the morning....hopefully! :)

Very light sleet here. 1.6c DP 1.0c. Not much different to yesterday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement