Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Changing over now in Ark low,about 75% snow,hope I haven't jinxed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

snaps wrote: »
    it hasn't moved an inch since yesterday. If anything it seems to have moved slightly north, putting more of the country in a nw flow.

The light sleet and snow we had an hour ago in d.15 has stopped now. Temperature needs to drop but apparently it will. 1.7 degrees still in blanch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Coming up on 40 hours of pretty much constant rain here in Portmarnock. Maybe it stopped while I was sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

In skerries - just a dreary, dark morning. No hint of a snow at any stage last night. Not even raining at present.

Off out for a run in it soon, so will find out how cold it is

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looking at models we should have colder air coming in from the NE during the morning....hopefully! :)

Very light sleet here. 1.6c DP 1.0c. Not much different to yesterday!

Snow lurker coming back!

Nothing but rain for me in D16 for last 2 days - apart from an odd blast of sleet that got me all excited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Coming up on 40 hours of pretty much constant rain here in Portmarnock. Maybe it stopped while I was sleeping.

I'm not too far away from you; it's been raining since 10 p.m. on Thursday.

Check out how much rain fell at Dublin Airport: http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

I reckon a 36 centimeters of snow would've yesterday fell if it was cold enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light rain, some sleet mixed in. Don't like the forecast strong winds, never good for us on the coast (good for those inland as it drags showers further inland)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

M2 bouy dew point gone negative, has to be a good sign for the east coast over the next few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

A724D51D4EF84EC0BC3F3D8CA8132457-0000361679-0003133605-00500L-3EAE5959F3DA40C4B4C5141C43501412.jpg

county cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

patneve2 wrote: »
    Light rain, some sleet mixed in. Don't like the forecast strong winds, never good for us on the coast (good for those inland as it drags showers further inland)

winds don't appear strong for the east coast for next 48 hours.

10-20mph or lighter maybe upto 25/30mph on occasional gust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

srocliffe wrote: »
    M2 bouy dew point gone negative, has to be a good sign for the east coast over the next few hours

Nice to hear some positive news, thank you...........;)

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

A724D51D4EF84EC0BC3F3D8CA8132457-0000361679-0003133605-00500L-3EAE5959F3DA40C4B4C5141C43501412.jpg

county cavan

Where in Cavan??
    I was just about to post that since yesterday afternoon all the snow has gone in Cavan after it had snowed for about 6 hours straight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Jes Cavan are getting snow the last 2 days ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Just the right speed for some east coast streamers so :D

D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

srocliffe wrote: »

Now that is good news for sure!! Hopfelly we'll see the back of of this snizzle in the next few hours

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Sleet in naas at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Spits of rain in bray every now and then , very dark ,haven't been out so don't know how cold it is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

derekon wrote: »
    Just the right speed for some east coast streamers so :D

D

i don't know if conditions are right for streamers, a lot of mucky stratus in the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wet Snow near Naas now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Hopefully...I am weary when there is any kind of wind here, often it is stronger than forecast as I live in the extreme coastal margins of Dublin. Light rain here with some sleet mixed in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Light rain with some sleet in bray now

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Light rain with some sleet in bray now

Definitely seems colder now in the past hour in D.15..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 acia

Snowing in navan, not sticking though

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Anfield Road

Heavy snow in Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow. Cars, grass covered but the roads still saturated from yesterdays rain so not sticking on the roads, but the snowflakes are huge!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Sleet in naas at the moment
    Send it over my way as snow please ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Anyone know what the chances of snow in limerick. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Getting colder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Anyone know what the chances of snow in limerick. Thanks

11.24%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The ukmo looks like a great run this morning, ecm also looks good gfs look good short term ,looks like it will take a while for the cold to filter through the country ,but defiantly looks like it going to get cold,as far as perspiration goes someone with more experience will have to tell you that.
    Since 6 AM temperature has droped from 6.5 to 2 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Just dark and a little foggy here in D6, feels cold. But if it does snow I dont thnk it will stick, ground is so wet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement