Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

M2 DP is now -.1. Huzzah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

ZX7R wrote: »
    The ukmo looks like a great run this morning, ecm also looks good gfs look good short term ,looks like it will take a while for the cold to filter through the country ,but defiantly looks like it going to get cold,as far as perspiration goes someone with more experience will have to tell you that.
    Since AM temperature has droped from 6.5 to 2 now

Dont sweat it dude, the snow will come!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Hmm if this front can remain intact for another few hours, combined with much colder uppers making their way across the Irish sea, there is potential I feel for the front to pep up quite a lot! It's already began to move slightly East-West. Could be like January 6th 2010, when remnants of a front explosively came to life over the Irish sea. Probably won't be anywhere near as explosive, but defiantly if the colder uppers arrive over the sea along with more of an easterly breeze and the front is still present over the sea, it could easily pep up.

Although, it's weakening a fair bit atm so there mightn't be anything left in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Anyone know what the chances of snow in limerick. Thanks
    Nothing today. But possibilities later tomorrow I believe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I have to drive from Dublin to Letterkenny on Sunday, I assume the later I leave it the worse the road conditions are going to get? Would normally go at about 7pm but afraid it'll be belting down snow at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Can anyone offer advice or a guess as to if the east coast will see snow today,dublin etc, I'm in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can anyone give me a rough idea of depths of snow this morning in the Wicklow Mountains this morning? Thinking of taking a drive up there, to enjoy the snow but i also dont want to get stuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

danthefan wrote: »
    I have to drive from Dublin to Letterkenny on Sunday, I assume the later I leave it the worse the road conditions are going to get? Would normally go at about 7pm but afraid it'll be belting down snow at that stage.
    just keep an eye on here and Iwn.We won't know the fronts progress until tomorrow tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Looks like some small streamers building in the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Hovering between 0 and 0.1. Very light snow - nearly like drizzle snow. Out to take (me) the kids out to play in it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Can anyone offer advice or a guess as to if the east coast will see snow today,dublin etc, I'm in bray
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

2.3 in lucan according to my weather station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

John.Icy wrote: »
    Although, it's weakening a fair bit atm so there mightn't be anything left in a few hours.

In a few minutes, I'd say.

I might be wrong [yet] but I always thought MT was just joking with us. The system dropped far too much rain, what can be left and it has not been reinforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

pad199207 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of depths of snow this morning in the Wicklow Mountains this morning? Thinking of taking a drive up there, to enjoy the snow but i also dont want to get stuck!

In glendalough now. Drove fom greystones. No problems on roads, very clear via roundwood/laragh. Snow melting everywhere keeps changing from drizzle, rain, sleet snow. Very damp but pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

See my post about Bray from last night. There's geographical reasons why Bray (over and above the usual problems seaside towns normally have) is a standout town right in the middle if the East Coast Snow zone that needs exceptional circumstances to get any of the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Anyone notice level 2 warning gone from heading! Is this because of a downgrade or why was it removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

DeanK don't worry the snow is no more than 8 miles away from you. Here's a pic and its lashing at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

M2 buoy continues its decline, now in true easterly air

t=3.3 dp=-1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Deank wrote: »
    Looks like some small streamers building in the Irish Sea.

That's just the remnants of last nights frontal band that is rapidly fizzling out before the cold air arrives. Typical really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Anyone notice level 2 warning gone from heading! Is this because of a downgrade or why was it removed?

Its still there

• Advertisement

davidsr20 wrote: »

Event is over. It was a good rain event, IMO better than expected, but much of that rain should have been snow, and it just wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Slow temperature decline here also, probably by late afternoon conditions will be favourable for snow even here by the coast. Bring on the streamers!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blues man

Dont look like were gona get much here in north dublin swords ..infact its a clam day out there..is it a case of us irish getting excited???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Browning wrote: »
    DeanK don't worry the snow is no more than 8 miles away from you. Here's a pic and its lashing at the minute.
    Where's that am on mobile, can't see your location in your sig on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Looks like game over. Can't see where the snow is going to come from
    Would love to be corrected on that but there doesnt seem to be anything coming

channaigh wrote: »

Nothing at all, we can all go about our other business like taking the wife for a walk and chatting to the children

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Nothing today. But possibilities later tomorrow I believe ;)
    What about the Athlone area for the white stuff#force eleven:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

channaigh wrote: »
    Looks like game over. Can't see where the snow is going to come from
    I think ur rite, it's strange no one was on giving info on runs this morning too!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

Deank, Up above Kilteel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

danthefan wrote: »

Me too, I drove from LK down to Dublin last night, the only parts with snow were between Omagh and Aughnacloy where it was very heavy in parts, wasn't too bad at the time but now its been frozen over its probably a different story, and some patches in Monaghan. Letterkenny was clear when I left but lots of reports that it got a good plastering last night.

Safe journey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement