Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Where can i find temperatures in laois online,if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Taken from met.ie the munster forecast for Sunday

Very cold with frost and fog persisting. Sunny spells in the morning. Rain and sleet in southwest in the afternoon, spreading northeastwards in the evening and turning to snow in many areas. Max temps 1 to 4 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Then I'll eat my words !
    Maybe have a sandwich cause I doubt u will eat any words lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

If not snowing tomorrow it will at least be wet and cold. You have a real fell of about -4c. I would rearrange.

IMBY 2.3c and dew point of 1c. I'm so close to the sea thata small breeze could and does register the odd 3.5c.

Some people forget that we are surrounded by a warm sea. You may think it is cold because one day you dipped your pinky in. But for our latitude its quite warm.

we need to wait till the cold seeps in some more so that the warmth of the Irish seas affects aren't enough tho keep costal areas above 0c.

Its all about time the day is still young, we have tomorrow too. One thing to remember. This is 1000 times better than any position we had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

We are all snow mad. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

Woo snowing in Wicklow .light snow but it's a first at my place.just outside rathdrum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Nice NE breeze picked up here and it's baltic outside

Nabber wrote: »
    One thing to remember. This is 1000 times better than any position we had last year.

1000 x 0 = ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light sleet and snow falling in mount merrion, Dublin now.

Dan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Once this cloud and murk shifts, I think we will be on the pigs back i.e snow showers. Temperatures last night were 4 degrees at one stage. A bit of patience is required.;)

• Advertisement

Anyone been up Hell Fire Club/Viewpoint/Three Rock today yet? Still snowy or is it melting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Where can i find temperatures in laois online,if possible?

laoisweather.com
    irelandsweather.com

snowing lightly here kilkennymet.com, might as well plug it, 1.4C with a dewpoint of -0.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

woke up to green fields up here in donegal, surprising considering wet snow was starting to settle last night

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

srocliffe wrote: »
    http://irelandsweather.com/

Just hover over any of the locations to get additional data such as dew points

Never knew this site existed but it's brilliant!
    I can see the dew point here in Tallaght in 1C.......cool! ;)

Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Raining in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Min wrote: »

laoisweather.com
    irelandsweather.com

snowing lightly here kilkennymet.com, might as well plug it, 1.4C with a dewpoint of -0.4C.

Not where I am in north kk just lovely light rain blow it over will u :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I read somewhere earlier that the NAE was looking good for the South on Monday
    Is this the same model was showing Dublin buried under snow on Friday whilest the gfs was having none of it ??
    For me the gfs is forever slated and imo is the best there is
    It also looks like calling the end of the cold spell (albeit temporarily) correctly and has the other models in reverse. It also imo has very accurate ppn charts and todays activity and where is testament to that. Compare what the UKMO is showing ppn for today!!

Anyways the potential is looking good for the next few days and favoured spots are the South midlands. I'm a tad disappointed this morning though because I think Cork will be too coastal for lying snow (maybe even falling snow)
    We always needed an offshore wind and while it does go offshore at times it wont be prolonged. Therfore yet again I think the gfs has got the uppers correct aswell.
    If you look properly you will see that the gfs as soon as the wind goes onshore raises the uppers whereas the UKMO keeps us in -8's with a Southerly wind.
    Now c'mon UKMO when last has Cork or any od the south coast had -8 uppers with an on shore wind!!
    This for means gfs is right and it's that bit more marginal
    Still a lot to look forward to and if you live in Tipp/ South Limerick it's looking very good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

John.Icy wrote: »
    Might have something to do with getting stick over not ramping it up and posting how he see's it, like Su.

If that's the reason it's a pity considering Deep has called it very accurately over the last few days among some major ramping on here. Great poster and one of most level headed guys on here.

Come back!

DE has indeed closed his account , for reasons we all kinda know by this stage . Too much controversial posts can eventually get to people and it really is a shame! Luckily i have the privilege to be still in contact with him. But i do indeed echo voices from the regulars around here... a great , knowledgeable weather Historian as i would class him as :) . Don't worry , im sure he'll be sneeking about unseen whenever theres a risk of stormy violent westerlies or some big nice thunderstorms rolling into the west.

You Shall be missed DE!! .... :(:(:(

Sleet here earlier , still awaiting till the forecasted -7's and -8s 850s crawl over the east here later for anything interesting. Off to work i go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Power gone here in south Kerry not sure if its weather related , dry atm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

temp just refusing to get below 1.9c. bit of sleet falling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

temp just refusing to get below 1.9c. bit of sleet falling.

Youe eyes must be wrecked watching this WC

Ya deserve something to fall !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Is this the same model was showing Dublin buried under snow on Friday whilest the gfs was having none of it ??
    It also looks like calling the end of the cold spell (albeit temporarily) correctly and has the other models in reverse. It also imo has very accurate ppn charts and todays activity and where is testament to that. Compare what the UKMO is showing ppn for today!!

Anyways the potential is looking good for the next few days and favoured spots are the South midlands. I'm a tad disappointed this morning though because I think Cork will be too coastal for lying snow (maybe even falling snow)
    We always needed an offshore wind and while it does go offshore at times it wont be prolonged. Therfore yet again I think the gfs has got the uppers correct aswell.
    If you look properly you will see that the gfs as soon as the wind goes onshore raises the uppers whereas the UKMO keeps us in -8's with a Southerly wind.
    Now c'mon UKMO when last has Cork or any od the south coast had -8 uppers with an on shore wind!!
    Still a lot to look forward to and if you live in Tipp/ South Limerick it's looking very good

I honestly think Cork City northwards will be snow. Also most Cork city suburbs are hilly which helps. The precipitation is coming in from the SW and will have tracked over Kerry and SW Cork County before landing here so I think it will be snow. NAE is super as you say. GFS has rain on the coast, including Cork CC, but they tend to overdo the coastline strip in those diagrams I find (simply because the coastal strip wouldn't be visible otherwise). I know it came from the SE but the snow event in Cork on 10 Jan 2010 was v marginal too and many very good posters here, and most forecasters, were calling it rain just before it landed (it having been called as snow all that week). I'd settle on Monday for the 10 hrs of snow we got then!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

sleeting heavier here now in citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

channaigh wrote: »
    Not where I am in north kk just lovely light rain blow it over will u :))

It was that small bit on the radar that hit here, nothing much just light snow, virtually stopped now, but it did drag the temperature down, which is a good sign for anyone who wants snow.
    At the moment around here, evelation is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Light snow in D24, very light but at least it's snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Hoping for some in north cork but may be elevation based..I presume u mean mainly cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Very sorry to hear deep easterly has closed his acc:(...A very knowledgeable poster who will be greatly missed by all the genuine weather fans around here. I'm sure though once things settle down here and those April start bubbling up he won't be to far away:)...Anyway temp and dew point def going in the right direction here so things looking good:)

Power gone here in south Kerry not sure if its weather related , dry atm

It's ok a sheep just ate through some cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chucky Norris

Min wrote: »
    It was that small bit on the radar that hit here, nothing much just light snow, virtually stopped now, but it did drag the temperature down, which is a good sign for anyone who wants snow.
    At the moment around here, evelation is what matters.

we have has light sleet here for the last hour and a half

• Advertisement

2.6c here in laois :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement