Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Quite a bit of snow in my part of Tyrone. Drifts are about forty five centimeters judging by the 1 ltr bottle I put in the picture. Temperature is just above freezing so there is a little thaw on. Best part was the thunder and lightening while it snowed yesterday:-)

IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0262.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's was light rain in Drogheda. It just doesn't seem cold enough here to snow. And we normally get a bit. Is all hope gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I can feel the jealousy building up inside me...

Not a drop of ANYTHING here in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

channaigh wrote: »
    So what's your honest feeling? Few showers here and there nothing major going to happen??

I think the 12z HIRLAM is a big improvement on the 6z. Pecip reaches East Coast and north midlands... :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah this is turning into quite a non-event with an always-out-of-reach cold that never quite arrives! Maybe February will deliver as per MTs thoughts. We live in hope...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Its coming alrite :p
    237118.png

237119.png

237120.png

Beautiful radar shots there Pete, looks like Kildare will finally see some snow.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

BEASTERLY wrote: »

I think the 12z HIRLAM is a big improvement on the 6z. Pecip reaches East Coast and north midlands... :confused:

Missed that post thanks for pointing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thanks maq, have you a link to that hirlam you mention?

Click Nedbor.

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

Yeah this is turning into quite a non-event with an always-out-of-reach cold that never quite arrives! Maybe February will deliver as per MTs thoughts. We live in hope...

I think this weekend has delivered everything that was forecast. Maybe some people didn't quite understand what was actually expected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Graupel coming down in Dundalk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Anyone on the coast getting any precip at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Snowing here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Latest radar images - not good for Dublin...anyways lets see what the evening brings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

We all still watching ye from up here in the NW. haven't seen as much as a single flake here yet in Donegal Town.
    Any blasts from the NW or W coming our way as the stuff from the E just doesn't seem to have the power behind it to make it across the island. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

The reality is it is still too mild in any low lying places anywhere to see snow falling or lying. Most low lying places in the east are about 2 degrees whilst it is 5,6 and 7 further west and south.

The mast majority of the snow is on high ground. The really cold air has not hit although we have been talking about its arrival for days now. It has not come yet. There will be lots of snow over higher elevations I imagine but previous little elsewhere. Any snow that fell in Belfast is gone whereas none at all feel in Newry or Bangor. Short lived.

However the Dublin/wicklow mountains and upper suburbs like Glencullen got smashed. Just back from there. Huge amounts of snow as per usual and it was still snowing albeit lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I'm off to the pub, best place to watch the weather from !! :pac:

Could you guys post up some charts from the 12z ECM run if you could ?

Would really appreciate it :)

My forecast for the pub - Dry and mild with infrequent strong streamers caused by a mass of moisture passing through the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

snowjon wrote: »
    Snowing here!

You've some more to come looking at the radar, heavy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffee n chocs

PistolPete can you post the whole map or a link to it. Youve cropped it at Kilkenny city what about those of us in West Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

channaigh wrote: »

So what's your honest feeling? Few showers here and there nothing major going to happen??

Hard to know yet, still looks good for some areas in the southwest, hard to say beyond that because it keeps changing. Tuesday could be more interesting if we can hang on to cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

I think this weekend has delivered everything that was forecast. Maybe some people didn't quite understand what was actually expected?

yeah in fairness the people in the know in here never forecast a snowfest and stressed numerous times that it was very marginal and we were just the wrong side of the cold .......but when you see the neighbours across the the water and also ulster getting a ton full it does stick in the neck a bit:(

hopefully we will get some but personally i think we might have to wait till early feb.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yes probably the latter alright!

*Hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

snowjon wrote: »
    Snowing here!

yep that is a real streamer, heavy precip and non frontal related

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I think the south is going either to get plastered in snow from tomorrow evening onwards or as usually happens the dreaded rain, I know I'm covering all angles but we've been disappointed so much before. What's others take on it will we get the snow down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

M2 dp down to 0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

patneve2 wrote: »
    Latest radar images - not good for Dublin...anyways lets see what the evening brings

:confused: It's looking better and better each frame.
    Bangor's about to get hammered.

Ok sorry, 17:15 isn't good for Dublin at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

yep that is a real streamer, heavy precip and non frontal related

Yes indeed - it seems perfectly positioned for this location - the precipitation keeps varying between graupel and snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Ye lads are speaking another language to me!! Can any of you tell me it there is a chance of snow in Galway? Oh and Longford? Friend has a match there tomorrow and wants to know if he should have a Guinness or not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temp 1.2c
    DP 0.2c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Rougies wrote: »
    :confused: It's looking better and better each frame.
    Bangor's about to get hammered.

hmm as you said looks great for NI, could be some nice totals if you are in the path of that streamer. For Dublin imo doesn't look good, anyways we'll see if that larger area of light/mod precip can make landfall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement