Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Just to whet your appetite. Norilsk is a northern Russian city in the Krasnoyarsk region. It has been heavily snowing for some days there and now the city is under the thick blanket of snow

http://englishrussia.com/2013/01/16/after-the-abnormal-snowfall/

Man if that were to hit here the country would grind to a halt

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Gave my almost 4 year old grandson a shiny red sled today so we just have to get some snow in the next few days, or there will be questions asked!!! :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Very heavy rain here and gale force winds. Temp currently 4c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Just to whet your appetite. Norilsk is a northern Russian city in the Krasnoyarsk region. It has been heavily snowing for some days there and now the city is under the thick blanket of snow

http://englishrussia.com/2013/01/16/after-the-abnormal-snowfall/

When that thaws they'll be swimming in it for weeks, I bet they can't wait for May.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mars rover

Praying tomorrow morning we wake up to even a light dusting of snow, would make a long day more tolerable!

*crosses all fingers and toes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Gonna have to stay up for another few hours just to see what happens. Blowing a gale outside and drizzling a bit. Don't know the temp but its dropped a bit in the last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Mars rover wrote: »
    Praying tomorrow morning we wake up to even a light dusting of snow, would make a long day more tolerable!

*crosses all fingers and toes*

Sorry but it's very unlikely you'll wake up to accumulated snow in Dublin tomorrow morning - the cold air will be digging in through the day so you will hopefully see sleet and, with a bit of luck, snow later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

SnowDancer wrote: »
    Gonna have to stay up for another few hours just to see what happens. Blowing a gale outside and drizzling a bit. Don't know the temp but its dropped a bit in the last hour or so

I'm staying up too, great storm going on out there & have the day off tomorrow :) fascinating watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Very wet and windy here at Donegal town, default weather, not sure of exact temp but feels suspiciously mild still. Early days I suppose. Weather permitting I'll be driving Barnes Mor Gap and the Glenshane Pass tomorrow so hopefully will be able to post some photos of record breaking snow that, through some freak of nature, has miraculously failed to stick on the roads......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Im going to bed shortly myself...not expecting anything interesting till at least 9 am ... :)

NIght all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

nelly17 wrote: »
    Man if that were to hit here the country would grind to a halt
    thats unbelievable, that part of the world in Siberia should be more or less bone dry at this time of year with only light snowfall, I bet the temperatures there are well above average to give that amount of precipitation.
    Theres a post in the model tech discussion thread about a super storm in Alaska giving very mild weather there (Fairbanks had it's wettest winter day since 1963 with 0.10ins ......... yes 1963!) Is this all connected to the SSW and the disruption of the PV and what does it mean for us in our part of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

dacogawa wrote: »
    I'm staying up too, great storm going on out there & have the day off tomorrow :) fascinating watch...

I know. It's great. Very jealous. Have work tomorrow sadly but I'd rather be tired. It's not every night the weather is this interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Calling it a night myself... have to drive up through the North tomorrow afternoon, so holding out that I will see some snow somewhere!!! Dromahair at the moment is a balmy 8c having only dropped .6c from about 1 1/2 ago.. Its a rotten night out here, so heading to bed to listen to the wind and the odd battering of rain... fingers crossed we get a taster tomorrow at least... nite all... oh and last one up.... put out the lights...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

eskimocat wrote: »
    Calling it a night myself... have to drive up through the North tomorrow afternoon, so holding out that I will see some snow somewhere!!! Dromahair at the moment is a balmy 8c having only dropped .6c from about 1 1/2 ago.. Its a rotten night out here, so heading to bed to listen to the wind and the odd battering of rain... fingers crossed we get a taster tomorrow at least... nite all... oh and last one up.... put out the lights...:)

And the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

channaigh wrote: »
    I'm 580 foot :)
    Jaysus that's tall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BBC website is giving snow fall over parts of the NW throughout tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Howling wind,and pissing rain in east meath(stamullen)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

cant sleep coz my feet are freezing. its 7c now in Sligo was 9c a few hours ago. Think it will be 3 or 4c tomorrow just too mild for us here but 2 or 3c in the North where they will get some snowfall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

4 degrees in drogheda. Temps are getting lower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Pangea wrote: »
    God help MT if he ever steps foot on Irish soil
    iOpld.gif

I would be running so ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Northern Ireland
    Days 1 to 5
    Regional forecast
    Day 1 to 5 UK forecast
    Day 1 to 5 UK forecast
    Day 6 to 30
    Headline:
    Rain turning to snow with risk of blizzards.

Today:
    Wet and windy with prolonged and heavy spells of rain, this will turn to sleet then snow during the day, including lower coastal areas. Worst affected will be around Belfast, the Mourne Mountains and Antrim hills but difficult conditions elsewhere. Maximum Temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:
    Snow will continue overnight with further heavy falls and coupled with strong winds there will be drifting and perhaps even blizzard conditions. Travel will be treacherous. Minimum Temperature -2 °C.

Saturday:
    Snow showers will continue, especially across the east of the Province where it will remain windy. Western parts, such as Enniskillen may see some drier and brighter spells. Maximum Temperature 3 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:
    Remaining very cold with further showers or rain, sleet and snow. Showers perhaps prolonged at times coupled with strong, mainly easterly winds.

Issued at: 0400 on Fri 18 Jan 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

GFS looking a little better short term & a lot better at 48H & 54H

gfs-1-54.png?0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Snowing fairly heavy in Cavan. Can't get a picture as Yet but if it sticks I'll be sure to write my name in it and get back to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

I'm at 870 Asl in Kildare. Its been snowing for the last 15 min.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Browning wrote: »
    I'm at 870 Asl in Kildare. Its been snowing for the last 15 min.;)

I presume you mean 870 feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

870 Feet that is ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

Browning wrote: »
    870 Feet that is ...

That's what I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wet snowing falling here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 omegaultimo2

Mixture of wet and snow in rathdrum depending on what level your on,heading towards dublin
    For college now .should be fun

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement