Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

snowing leitrim 98m above sea level - trying to stick but ground very wet after last nights rain. Good coat of snow on car tho :D

and so it begins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Lashing rain in east meath :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Snowing in Crumlin D12!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Raining in blanchardstown :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Mostly heavy rain In Rathmines but some sleet. Is it not cold enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Lashing rain right on the coast in Balbriggan.
    Forget about snowdrifts - flooding could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Raining and 3c in Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sorry guys....................all you Gerry and Met E bashers............looks like they were right! Wet, miserable, cold weekend with milder weather to follow. I assume you'll all be apologising to them?

Time to shut this ass (of a thread) down until next year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Sorry guys....................all you Gerry and Met E bashers............looks like they were right! Wet, miserable, cold weekend with milder weather to follow. I assume you'll all be apologising to them?

I think you should have waited a few days; lets see how the weekend and early next week pans out before drawing any conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Again, what I read:
    blah blah blah cold weekend blah blah blaH

I despair for people who feel the need to go doom and gloom in a **ramping** thread... its a bit of fun, the serious weather chat is elsewhere... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love this line in MT's forecast this morning for the end of the month/start of February:

"with more severe cold building up in Scandinavia getting ready possibly for a more severe assault on Britain and Ireland."

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

gtfo_gold_gif.gif

leahyl wrote: »
    I love this line in MT's forecast this morning for the end of the month/start of February:

"with more severe cold building up in Scandinavia getting ready possibly for a more severe assault on Britain and Ireland."

:p

Im glad he did not phrase it "with more severe cold building up in Britain getting ready possibly for a more severe assault on Ireland." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Rain is finally starting to turn to sleet here near Donegal Town, although just barely!

Let's all just keep the faith, plenty of time for it to snow today, did I not read that the Amber Warning issued by the Met for NI only takes effect from midday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Again, what I read:

I despair for people who feel the need to go doom and gloom in a **ramping** thread... its a bit of fun, the serious weather chat is elsewhere... :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm not a doom and gloomer at all. I've just been popping in and out of here reading through the ridiculous posts about blizzards which were never going to happen. I think Met E do a good job and I feel some of the personal posts about the forecasters and Met E were over the top. They stated facts based on their professional opinion but were lambasted. Now that there won't be any snow bar on high ground, I think next time people should listen to them.

Accept the facts, no snow!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dublin mountains are plastered in snow, it's down to around 200m asl. I hereby call this a snow day!

Actually, I'm not a doom and gloomer at all. I've just been popping in and out of here reading through the ridiculous posts about blizzards which were never going to happen. I think Met E do a good job and I feel some of the personal posts about the forecasters and Met E were over the top. They stated facts based on their professional opinion but were lambasted. Now that there won't be any snow bar on high ground, I think next time people should listen to them.

What timescale is your prediction valid for? For the next 3 hours or 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Snowing in Meath at the minute. No way will it stick because the place is soaking wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

It's been snowing where I am (Wicklow) for the last hour and a half. Accept the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Dublin mountains are plastered in snow, it's down to around 200m asl. I hereby call this a snow day!
    Heavy rain/sleet turned to heavy snow at 8am down to about 50m asl in South Dublin but because of the heavy rain there was no sticking. Nice to see some snow though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

It is fun looking at the other thread with people freaking over their lack of snow. At least down in Cork, we never had a chance with it! So nice clear skies and fresh after last nights deluge.

Hopefully the ground will dry our a bit, allowing snow to stick if it ever falls on Saturday/Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

accept the facts, its winter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

There is lots of snow around! Going by facebook and twitter etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clav

06 GFS looks like a slight upgrade for the East coast out to 54hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Spindle wrote: »
    It is fun looking at the other thread with people freaking over their lack of snow. At least down in Cork, we never had a chance with it! So nice clear skies and fresh after last nights deluge.

Hopefully the ground will dry our a bit, allowing snow to stick if it ever falls on Saturday/Sunday :D

Amen to that! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Something about Wales this morning (and yore ma?)
    https://twitter.com/mari_grug/status/292181647355437056/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Gerry is that you ? :rolleyes:

Accept FACTS there is SNOW

yes_5656.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

channaigh wrote: »
    I'm 580 foot :)

I'm only 6 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Morning folks. a very windy and wet night last night . Woke up at 7am to lashing rain and snow belting down in D24 . Was a good heavy shower for about 30 mins . Though the ground was too wet for it to stick .:(
    Lovely coating on the Dublin mountains though . Temp at 8 am here was 0.5 then climbed up to 1.5 deg.

I heard someone on the radio say the temp is too low for the snow to stick ? I doubt it would stick anyway being so wet but what temp do we need for snow to stick ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement