Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm calling sleety rain for Cork for the next few days anyway :pac: but also.....:(

Definately very mild down these parts - 8.5 degrees in teh car despite the national radio saying highest temps only 0-2 degrees forgetting about the balmy south.

Anyway wasn't expecting anything and hoping the colder air will filter west and south. MT's forecast is very accurate so far re the slow progress of the filtering out of milder air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Do not give up yet down there!!! The BBc are still saying you will get a good sprinkle on sunday AND Monday night!:) Just hang in there! Your knight night WILL come!

Lol! I'll believe it when I see it! (I'm using a bit of reverse psychology if you haven't noticed! I'm thinking it's my last resort really so it might work in my favour if I say we're not going to get snow....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any more models available folks? Is this mix of rain and sleet meant to last or can we expect some decent snow?

It'll be double figures everywhere by this time next week I'd say so it'll need to happen sharpish!

mike65 wrote: »
    It'll be double figures everywhere by this time next week I'd say so it'll need to happen sharpish!
    ever the optimist Mike65!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a "mildist" (also known as a realist)

• Advertisement

I think what we all need now (well those of us in Cork anyway) is another big ramp from MT :pac: (in our favour of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Definately very mild down these parts - 8.5 degrees in teh car despite the national radio saying highest temps only 0-2 degrees forgetting about the balmy south.

Anyway wasn't expecting anything and hoping the colder air will filter west and south. MT's forecast is very accurate so far re the slow progress of the filtering out of milder air.
    It's a beautiful winters day here in Tropical Cork today. Badly needed after the torrents of rain last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

women i was tlkn to ar school just said she cant go home her house snowed in roundwood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

First two GFS charts are a little better...

& the 18 & 24 (Ramp Ramp ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

-8's over east coast @36h :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Anything heading southwards soon??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

jo06555 wrote: »

Yes Sunday into Monday, but even in Waterford it could be marginal you would needd to be inland a bout 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Lashing down rain here now in SW Dublin 24 - Firhouse

Anyone finding Boards slow to load?

There are currently 746 peeps on here - there must be snow due!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

jo06555 wrote: »
    Not till during the night i think but that would be better colder air then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Took a trip up to Ballinastoe, Roundwood & Sally Gap today. Was good fun driving in heavy snow again. Brought my dog Bobby & he had some fun. Here's some photo's of Ballinastoe wood:

TZaHU.jpg?2

JeRMz.jpg?1

RYsmE.jpg?1

ZPK21.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Took a trip up to Ballinastoe, Roundwood & Sally Gap today. Was good fun driving in heavy snow again. Brought my dog Bobby & he had some fun. Here's some photo's of Ballinastoe wood:

Amazing pics! looks like Bobby had fun too

Brought my dog Bobby & he had some fun.
    ZPK21.jpg?1

Stunning!:) Dog is so cute

Yeah he absolutely loves the snow, jumping around & generally going mental :P

Here's a link to another one (Its a big photo)

http://i.imgur.com/IucIC.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

There are 2 threads started in the pictures section. Can we post are pictures of our magnificent snow in the pictures threads aswell as they will get lost through out the other threads.

Kippure wrote: »
    There are 2 threads started in the pictures section. Can we post are pictures of our magnificent snow in the pictures threads aswell as they will get lost through out the other threads.

****e, didn't realise there were threads. Can a mod maybe move them if you get a chance? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Anyone have any info on what conditions are like in Glenmalure valley? Is the snow level down to the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

****e, didn't realise there were threads. Can a mod maybe move them if you get a chance? Cheers!

No, it's fine to post them both here and in the pictures section. The more people that get to see them, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Lashing down rain here now in SW Dublin 24 - Firhouse

Anyone finding Boards slow to load?

There are currently 746 peeps on here - there must be snow due!

Any snow there today???

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

oterra wrote: »
    Any snow there today???

no none - it has tried its best to snow and there's been a sleety mix on and off all day but no real flakes so far......bummer.

Can see snow on the mountains though!

Actually it has even stopped raining/sleeting here now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

no none - it has tried its best to snow and there's been a sleety mix on and off all day but no real flakes so far......bummer.

Can see snow on the mountains though!

Actually it has even stopped raining/sleeting here now.:(

Thought there may be some Ballycullen area being a bit higher than city centre

What are the chances that this outlook from Met Eireann will change at some point:??

"Then more rain will spread countrywide from the west on Wednesday night, introducing somewhat less cold conditions for the latter part of the week, but it will remain changeable and unsettled."

Who knows! :-D

785878577857.gif

What are the chances that this outlook from Met Eireann will change at some point:??

"Then more rain will spread countrywide from the west on Wednesday night, introducing somewhat less cold conditions for the latter part of the week, but it will remain changeable and unsettled."

785878577857.gif

well it is quite general..remain changeable could mean sunny, raining, frosty , shleet(that was for Gerry) or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Any updates on the models? Unusally quiet on that front today. You must be all in roundwood chasing the snow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

785878577857.gif

Very likely , the synoptics are ever changing and the forecasts will follow them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Short news followed by the weather. Anyone catch it? Something along the lines of high severe risk of snowfall covering the country on Sunday/Monday. Sure it will be similar to weather after 6 one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement