Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Ramp ramp ramp!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Supercell wrote: »
    Wow the radar image is amazing for Dublin and Wicklow, echos of 2010 if temps stay low!
    Northside dublin, nothing only grey skies and bits of rain : (

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Northside dublin, nothing only grey skies and bits of rain : (
    Have a look at raintoday.co.uk ...pretty much all the east coast is in for decent precip later today, higher areas in for a pasting without a doubt, hopefully some lucky lower areas too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Ok we know this spell of cold weather will be rather anemic. Whats the predictions for February? I hear whispers it's suppose to be severe.

We need to look for height rises over Greenland to get some blocking in place. Then hopefully the cold pool in the East will begin to move out towards us.

Also the mild breakdown will hopefully be not too mild and will keep Britain on the cool side, which will aid an Easterly/North-Easterly should it get going in February.

There are a lot of ifs buts and maybes, seeing as FI on the models is now around 72h - 96h it is hard to see what will happen.

Seeing as it is the ramping thread eyes down for the model runs, snow is always on the horizon in FI......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Spindle wrote: »
    We need to look for height rises over Greenland to get some blocking in place. Then hopefully the cold pool in the East will begin to move out towards us.

We have to make sure we end up on the right side of the block.
    A link up with the Azores high over us, we could see us get a nice South breeze.

I'm really looking forward to see how this big storm is going to shape up. The models all have it in there. It's a tidy little system. I know It's in FI, but still one to watch.

GFS
    13012706_2106.gif

ECMWF
    13012700_2100.gif

UKMO
    13012700_2100.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Why has it gone so quiet here? : (

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Why has it gone so quiet here? : (

Not much to be excited about at the moment. This whole event is a bit of a disappointment to say the least (unless you live in the Wicklow Gap).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I thought it was going to be Snowmageddon!! I'm sitting here in D5 with blue skies and little fluffy clouds! Wheres Snowpocalyse 2013?!?

I'm going to merge this forum with the Conspiracy Theories forum. :p

DeVore wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be Snowmageddon!! I'm sitting here in D5 with blue skies and little fluffy clouds! Wheres Snowpocalyse 2013?!?

Better off merging the News and Media forum with Conspiracy Theories forum. Nobody here ever said it was going to be Snowmageddon! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snizzlemageddon.

Time to call it a day on this fairly weak cold spell, press reset, and hopefully we get a better setup in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

DeVore wrote: »

This "cold spell" is just to reel people into a false sense of security then when the next big "cold spell" arrives people will be saying "yeah right,like the last one".Then BOOM snowmageddon for February.

*well in my imagination anyway* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Rides over, the rollercoaster looked good, but once going was actually not that good. Time to move on to the next rollercoaster, blizzard watch for February anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We didn't even get this close last year don't forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We didn't even get this close last year don't forget.
    We didn't have a SSW last year either (i don't think),not that it guarantees cold or snow

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

A photograph taken this evening by myself just a few miles north of Killarney looking over towards Big Gun (on the left) and Carrauntoohill.

8403029068_8848ed4b2c_b.jpg

Timmyboy wrote: »
    A photograph taken this evening by myself just a few miles north of Killarney looking over towards Big Gun (on the left) and Carrauntoohill.

Wow, great pic. Looks like somewhere in the Alps. Puts the Wicklow Mts. to shame ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Things got a little productive in work this morning !

71844_10151642285558098_577754635_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Major disappointed in this mornings out come :( so was that it then :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my weather station just went nuts, alarms going off everywhere.

temp. -1.2 and it was showing snow.

so i jumped up, opened the blind and nothing :(

went back turned of the alarms, the station was now showing temp 1.2 and raining.

even my weather station is mocking me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭V1

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Things got a little productive in work this morning !

71844_10151642285558098_577754635_n.jpg

Ah! So that's what the Grob is for! I knew it had to be useful for something :D

... and I don't like the look of all that FOD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Spindle wrote: »
    Rides over, the rollercoaster looked good, but once going was actually not that good. Time to move on to the next rollercoaster, blizzard watch for February anyone?

That is a fair point for a lot of people.....will be interesting to see if MT's prediction of a very cold February comes true.

Quick update from Joe Bastardi on Twitter:

Hang in there UK and Europe. another week and this reverses enough so the worst is over.. even tho cold should return for a time in Feb

Now if cold only returns for "a time" in February, then the winter will not amount to much !

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

derekon wrote: »
    That is a fair point for a lot of people.....will be interesting to see if MT's prediction of a very cold February comes true.

Quick update from Joe Bastardi on Twitter:

Hang in there UK and Europe. another week and this reverses enough so the worst is over.. even tho cold should return for a time in Feb

Now if cold only returns for "a time" in February, then the winter will not amount to much !

D

Joe Bastardi is a baboon,Drop the I from his surname or even the B A S I
    It's your decision,choose wisely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Weathering wrote: »
    Joe Bastardi is a baboon,Drop the I from his surname or even the B A S I
    It's your decision,choose wisely

He dropped the ball big time last Nov/Dec claiming we would be in the freezer. I would rather get my advise from the town drunkard!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

or even the local postman.....

Have I gone through some time zone unbeknownst to myself and woke up in summer :eek: Cause this thread has gone fierce quiet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

mumo3 wrote: »
    Have I gone through some time zone unbeknownst to myself and woke up in summer :eek: Cause this thread has gone fierce quiet :confused:

Not strictly ramping but it's chucking it down with snow here in Donegal for a good wee while now.

Not strictly ramping but it's chucking it down with snow here in Donegal for a good wee while now.

No one likes a bragger :mad:

My heart is broken here in Dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

mumo3 wrote: »
    No one likes a bragger :mad:

My heart is broken here in Dublin :(

Bragging, I wasn't bragging....

8403637588_dceb6a7923.jpg

8402546223_0b25ba8f3b.jpg

.... now I'm bragging :pac:

This discussion has been closed.