Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

I was out this morning watching all the people about my town obliviously carrying on with there daily lives unaware that soon they will be i the middle of SNOWMAGGEDON!

I feel like getting my the end is nigh sandwich boards out!

endisnear785574.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I have loved this thread and been hoping for snow but I've an early flight Saturday morning, is it looking like snow for saturday morning? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I was out this morning watching all the people about my town obliviously carrying on with there daily lives unaware that soon they will be i the middle of SNOWMAGGEDON!

I feel like getting my the end is nigh sandwich boards out!

endisnear785574.jpg
    Unless u live up north don't count on it!

davidsr20 wrote: »

LOUTH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

davidsr20 wrote: »

So is it next week when eastern and southern areas expected to get it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

I have been enjoying the roller-coaster for the last while, however, this thread may have been "Gazumped" considering this being a level 2 Thread has been declared.

In fact, reading Met.ie, I thought one of us had hacked their forecast after too much whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

In fact, reading Met.ie, I thought one of us had hacked their forecast after too much whiskey.

Now there is a great idea !!

I love this image, Ireland sandwiched between two cold air-masses. Depending on the orientation of that occlusion over Ireland it may result in snow somewhere on Friday!

h850t850eu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

I love this image, Ireland sandwiched between two cold air-masses. Depending on the orientation of that occlusion over Ireland it may result in snow somewhere on Friday!

h850t850eu.png

What is the likelihood of the two air masses converging and pushing that band of mild air to the north or south, also what would be the likely outcome if that was to happen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

The reaction to MT's forecast this morning is spreading far and wide......

1237362987_borat_dancing_with_his_fellow_karakstanians.gif

• Advertisement

Deank wrote: »
    What is the likelihood of the two air masses converging and pushing that band of mild air to the north or south, also what would be the likely outcome if that was to happen??

Well the precip will have to fall somewhere over these Islands at this stage, but the question is where. Maybe the UKMO Fax charts will give the best idea this evening. Until then its all guess work!

I'm hoping at least the North Eastern half of Ireland but hopefully a bit further South West!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Nothing to add to the technical discussion just wanted to share the reaction of some Snow bunnies in the UK to some of this mornings model runs when they wake up and see some of there snow is now not going to happen.

1464672_o.gif

Of course that could be us next Sunday as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Taken from my window a few mins ago, I'll send some your way :pac:

photouat.jpg

Shzm wrote: »

photouat.jpg

What part of the world is your window in??

Also for any snowfall to believed around here you need to sign your boards.ie username into the snow. Only way otherwise no snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

That looks like Germany.

Close. Slovakia, about 8km east of Bratislava.

Close. Slovakia, about 8km east of Bratislava.

Just set up a few fans, blow the cold air over here :D

Spindle wrote: »
    What part of the world is your window in??

Also for any snowfall to believed around here you need to sign your boards.ie username into the snow. Only way otherwise no snow :)

Challenge accepted..

photo3ll.jpg

Close enough :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Hi all,

Lurking here like a pervert in the bushes since December 10, have finally bit the bullet.

Living in coastal Donegal so rarely get lying snow, fingers crossed for a light dusting and a hard frost in the near future :-)

Any thoughts on the following? -

Have to drive Donegal Derry Dublin on Saturday and back on Sunday, disaster?

Huge thanks to all on this forum, it's been a real education!! The past couple of weeks especially have been pretty emotional :-D

Cheers.

shmaupel wrote: »
    Hi all,

Lurking here like a pervert in the bushes since December 10, have finally bit the bullet.

Cheers.

Alot of you lot about

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Alot of you lot about

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

An uncanny likeness, well done!

shmaupel wrote: »
    Hi all,

Living in coastal Donegal so rarely get lying snow, fingers crossed for a light dusting and a hard frost in the near future :-)

Any thoughts on the following? -

Have to drive Donegal Derry Dublin on Saturday and back on Sunday, disaster?

Huge thanks to all on this forum, it's been a real education!! The past couple of weeks especially have been pretty emotional :-D

Cheers.

Seriously just keep update on local weather forecasts and drive safely unless the AA advise against heading out! Common Sense must prevail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

***NEWS FLASH 24th Jan 2013***

Following the Blizzard conditions and the 3 foot of snow covering Ireland reports are coming in that 200 Polar Bears have been sighted up near Silvercrest Foods in Ardee Co Louth gorging on 10 million Horse Burgers.

A boards .ie reporter questioned the Polar bears on the quality of the meat. Most Bears said that the Aldi horse burgers were nice, but they prefer My Lidl Pony ones.

One particulat polar Bear wasn't happy as he said his wife has been a " right old nag " for the last few days !

Challenge accepted..

photo3ll.jpg

Close enough :cool:

Nice :cool:

I think you have set the standard for anybody else giving a report of snow :D

Let the boards.ie proving your snow exists competition begin...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dak wrote: »
    ***NEWS FLASH 24th Jan 2013***

Following the Blizzard conditions and the 3 foot of snow covering Ireland reports are coming in that 200 Polar Bears have been sighted up near Silvercrest Foods in Ardee Co Louth gorging on 10 million Horse Burgers.

A boards .ie reporter questioned the Polar bears on the quality of the meat. Most Bears said that the Aldi horse burgers were nice, but they prefer My Lidl Pony ones.
    Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I have 3 small people who would be ecstatic if they thought snow might be coming in our direction - I'm seeing south and east in the mix but not here. Any knowledgeable opinions on a light dusting in Mayo?

morebabies wrote: »
    I have 3 small people who would be ecstatic if they thought snow might be coming in our direction - I'm seeing south and east in the mix but not here. Any knowledgeable opinions on a light dusting in Mayo?

May need to look to next week when things may be more favorable for the West/South.

Keep an eye on here and I'm sure someone will be posting how many snowflakes they have counted falling over Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Ugh its been raining all day in Swords. If only it was falling as snow! I'd be snowed in by now :) The wind is really picking up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Charts are looking nice for eastern cold lovers. No snowmageddon, but certainly quite a cold snap from tomorrow evening through to Wednesday, followed by a little mild break.

Most likely day for some snow seems to be Monday, but anyone in Wicklow or near the Dublin mountains might get a a couple of flurries before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Spindle wrote: »
    Nice :cool:

I think you have set the standard for anybody else giving a report of snow :D

Let the boards.ie proving your snow exists competition begin...........

Yeah, some of us have been doing this for a while and have numerous pics with names written in snow.

God I'm sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement