Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Im so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

EICK 212135Z 2121/2218 VRB03KT 4000 BR SCT005 BKN020 TEMPO 2121/2210 0300 FZFG BKN001 TEMPO 2200/2203 1200 -RASN BKN002 BECMG 2211/2213 8000

updated TAF, chance of snow gone, just light rain/sleet forecast now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

EICK 212135Z 2121/2218 VRB03KT 4000 BR SCT005 BKN020 TEMPO 2121/2210 0300 FZFG BKN001 TEMPO 2200/2203 1200 -RASN BKN002 BECMG 2211/2213 8000

updated TAF, chance of snow gone, just light rain/sleet forecast now

Nooooooooooo say it isnt so :(:(:(Take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

mumo3 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo say it isnt so :(:(:(Take it back

Well ME still seem confident according to the forecast, the TAF is from UKMO, who knows! Everything is going to be white either way with temps dipping to -6c in cork tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bragging, I wasn't bragging....

8403637588_dceb6a7923.jpg

8402546223_0b25ba8f3b.jpg

.... now I'm bragging :pac:

I hope that scoobie's got 4WD. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

is there snow on mount leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 16 waytoowarm

yep theres snow up there

much ? going to leave kids off school and bring em up if its worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Nite nite everyone. myself and my wee son are sick and were hoping to see a bit of snow on a sick day tomorro. No such luck! Roll on spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 waytoowarm

theres a good bit around up there,, couldent get car to the 9 stones, others tried in their cars to drive up , alot of damage done to them... dress warm , bring a few bags for the kids to slide around in

• Advertisement

waytoowarm wrote: »
    theres a good bit around up there,, couldent get car to the 9 stones, others tried in their cars to drive up , alot of damage done to them... dress warm , bring a few bags for the kids to slide around in
    thank you my young lad got a sled from santa and has been sayin santa wouldnt of left it unless he knew it was going to snow so he can use it hes in bed now thinkin hes goin to school tomorrow ha ha cant wait to tell em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Bragging, I wasn't bragging....

8403637588_dceb6a7923.jpg

8402546223_0b25ba8f3b.jpg

Thats not bragging...
    237544.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq43oN2sdAU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Here's proof of the continental effect on climate -- temperatures at this hour (almost 12z) in eastern North America but superimposed on a map of western Europe taking all temperatures 80 degrees of longitude east of where they were actually recorded.

Maybe the Atlantic is not such a bad deal after all.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Here's proof of the continental effect on climate -- temperatures at this hour (almost 12z) in eastern North America but superimposed on a map of western Europe taking all temperatures 80 degrees of longitude east of where they were actually recorded.

Maybe the Atlantic is not such a bad deal after all.

:)

Holy sheet! :eek::eek:. I guess that would be constant temperatures also

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

MT was dead right about that storm over France over the weekend - it started snowing & it just didnt stop. Friday night it started & it was still falling while sitting on the runway ( well delayed) last night. Ive never actually seen an airport with movie snow - what I mean is snow built up everywhere, runways not clear & deicing that doesnt work so you have to go do it again ..

The snow started like little ice crystals - it was about -5 then. Tiny little baby snowflakes that look like the posh glitter from the art & craft shop.By last night it was up to 1c & was big sloppy Irish flakes. The local girl we met at the bus stiop said she had never seen the likes of it & is living there 15 years.
    So bad so they were unable to clear the Disney parks on Saturday so it was wading through it for the day & yesterday they had managed to clear tiny paths by working all through the night. The rides were all frozen stuck & staff were unable to get to the parks.

In saying that I created the Irish mammys approach to Disney in the snow - had it down to a fine art by last night.... Expert !!!!

Have a pile of 40 odd pairs of sicks there for the wash.

Flight eventually got in after 1 & ended up sitting in the car trying to thaw the rock solid ice.

Gonna try upload you some photos now just to wet the appetitie.... enjoy - we did !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just got a 5 minute snow dump in North Dublin here... my pup was very confused altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Light snow in Dublin CC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Would you say it'll stick? UCD/D4 area...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Fluffy snow now in CC Dublin, but still v. light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Would you say it'll stick? UCD/D4 area...

Wont be sticking im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

I don't know where to post anymore - so many threads. Its not looking great for the next few days other than the odd skittery shower from what I gather. I know people were talking about MT's prediction about late Jan / early Feb. Anyone know if that's still on track?

ME's forecast @ 3.45ish says its going to get milder Fri / Sat and then get cooler. Do we think this will be the start of it? What are the models saying (still learning to read them)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

SnowDancer wrote: »
    I don't know where to post anymore - so many threads. Its not looking great for the next few days other than the odd skittery shower from what I gather. I know people were talking about MT's prediction about late Jan / early Feb. Anyone know if that's still on track?

ME's forecast @ 3.45ish says its going to get milder Fri / Sat and then get cooler. Do we think this will be the start of it? What are the models saying (still learning to read them)

It's going to be a long time before the cold may return, the upcoming set up will likely last at least 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

SnowDancer wrote: »

I don't know much about the models but MT believes that It's to warm up at the end of the month and then get even cooler than it has been or will be this week or last. This pretty much could line up with the ME forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am finally free.

I have been anchored to this site for the last 2 weeks looking for snow and bright cold weather but sadly we only got a bit of cold with little to no frost or sun.

The event is now over more or less and I doubt we will see anything more until next November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Lucreto wrote: »
    I am finally free.

I have been anchored to this site for the last 2 weeks looking for snow and bright cold weather but sadly we only got a bit of cold with little to no frost or sun.

The event is now over more or less and I doubt we will see anything more until next November.

Keep an eye on the storm. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

Lucreto wrote: »
    I am finally free.

I think you'll be in for a surprise.....

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I think you'll be in for a surprise.....
    Yea it will be next January not November ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

red_bairn wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the storm. ;)

I am not really interested in storms. This one seems a whopper alright.

If it turned into a huge snow storm then I would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

This cold spell will end within two days with a few minor skirmishes between the slowly advancing Atlantic air masses and the remnant cold.

My current forecast is that there should be a return to very cold weather around the 3rd to 7th of February (approximate time frame because we are dealing with statistical profiles from analogues) and that would come about when the mild southwesterlies due in over the weekend "peter out" (for some reason Met-E like this phrase) and much colder air from northeast Siberia gets into the mix either directly across the north pole or taking a longer way around at 60-70 deg N into northern European Russia and then into Scandinavia.

I rate this possibility at about 65% possible for the period 4 Feb to 10 Mar with the coldest "signal" from research in the middle third of February.

So if you want some rough estimate of when to expect a possible snow event in Ireland, I would say 15-20 Feb is your best time window although a broader "window of opportunity" is 4 Feb to 10 Mar.

As one of the largest snowfalls in history was 1-2 April of 1917, never say never until mid-April at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement