Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Brace yourselfs for 3:30pm.

nEcl6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

nEcl6.jpg
    Crikey,just saw the latest bbc news 24 forecast with Louise Lear.
    Red warning now for most of wales and the graphics had snow at 8am friday morning,right across the irish sea and all along the east coast including wexford down to about enniscorthy??

,just saw the latest bbc news 24 forecast with Louise Lear.
    Red warning now for most of wales and the graphics had snow at 8am friday morning,right across the irish sea and all along the east coast including wexford down to about enniscorthy??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

whitebriar wrote: »
    ,just saw the latest bbc news 24 forecast with Louise Lear.

:eek: :D Wouldnt take it too seriously to be honest., yet!

Road across the side Mount Leinster goes to 450m, highest road in Wexford, worth a spin up tomorrow? There is a road that goes to 800m (:D) but access is limited unfortunately. What do ya reckon lads, I'm willing to take the risk to get photos for the rest of yas? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Norn Irn with Amber warnings for much of the weekend, that should also bode well for Border Counties! The folk over in England had banked that snow a few days ago, just goes to show again how dynamic these things are the closer they come to reality!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&fcTime=1358424000&zoom=5&lon=-4.50&lat=55.74

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    :eek: :D Wouldnt take it too seriously to be honest., yet!

+1 unless there's a serious drop in temps overnight,it feels very mild here at the moment with drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Road across the side Mount Leinster goes to 450m, highest road in Wexford, worth a spin up tomorrow? There is a road that goes to 800m (:D) but access is limited unfortunately. What do ya reckon lads, I'm willing to take the risk to get photos for the rest of yas? :P

Get those snow tyres ready!! :pac:

Gerry just said the s word, the bad s word! In a stance as if he was about to leg it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Rain or Snow for the Midlands?

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Get those snow tyres ready!! :pac:

Eh... snow tyres? How bad could it be? Probably the highest tarmac road(with markings!) in Ireland, tops out at 798m. I think its closed for the winters months all together though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

:) looking a bit better. Has anyone gone up kipoure today is there any snow o and I can't seem to attach photos on here anyone else have that problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Less than 30 minutes to go to the 12Z. The tension, oh the tension......

tense-nervous-headache-o.gif

Bring,your jim jams,2 charged phones,pleny diesel in the jeep,contact numbers for the nearest tractors etc :D

Road onto croghan,is driveable to the field onto that mountain ,so you can get to about 550 metres or so there.
    The limited road up leinster,that's up to rte?

COME ON GFS lets see your moves today!

hfjgj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Gonna test this weather tonight.

Planned route: Mayo/Roscommon border - Belfast - (ferry) - Cairnryan - Inverness.

Estimated departure time - 11 pm tonight.

Estimated arrival time - unknown. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

joujoujou wrote: »
    Gonna test this weather tonight.

Planned route: Mayo/Roscommon border - Belfast - (ferry) - Cairnryan - Inverness.

Estimated departure time - 11 pm tonight.

Estimated arrival time - Sunday. ;)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I must say I don't rate the chances of my 0800 Dublin to Bristol flight departing tomorrow, or at least being able to land at the intended destination, seeing as Bristol AP is skirting the 'RED' zone at 190m elevation

What do people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

We need photos.There has to be snow lying in the wicklow mountains by now for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm starting to believe that this could actually happen for Dublin.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I must say I don't rate the chances of my 0800 Dublin to Bristol flight departing tomorrow, or at least being able to land at the intended destination, seeing as Bristol AP is skirting the 'RED' zone at 190m elevation

What do people think?

I'm starting a husky and sled service soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Tongue on Cheek with the day

but...Inverness is a nightmare to drive to,used to do it alot before i moved over here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Confab wrote: »
    I'm starting to believe that this could actually happen for Dublin.

It is going to happen, Blizzards man blizzards...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Signing in early this winter so can't be accused of being bandwagonner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Signing in early this winter so can't be accused of being bandwagonner.

Too late by about 7 months but welcome all the same!

10 minutes to go. GFS mainframe humming as we speak. Come on come on.........

clock-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    [...] Inverness is a nightmare to drive to,used to do it alot before i moved over here;)

I know that. But I've 8 days holiday and a lot of food in my car, so don't worry at all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I fear :

10455169-downgrade-symbol-represented-by-a-traffic-sign-warning-that-there-will-be-bad-news-for-a-company-tha.jpg

Villain wrote: »
    I fear :

Down with that sort of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Saturday: Many areas will have a mainly dry day but some heavy, wintry showers will occur. A very cold day with top temperatures only 2 to 6 degrees and there will be a widespread severe or very severe air and ground frost Saturday night with icy patches.

Sunday: A bitterly cold day; highest temperatures only 1 to 5 degrees in a strong to gale force easterly wind. Many areas will have a dry morning, just a few wintry showers in the east and south. Heavy rain and sleet will move in across Munster and south Leinster during the afternoon and evening turning to sleet and snow here on Sunday night with cloudy conditions further north and patchy sleet and snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement