Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

Tiny tiny evidence of snow in Sth Wexford. Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Starting to snow here in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Lots snow cavan monaghan border :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

still snowing in Carraig na bhFear, Co. Cork. Not heavy but constant and sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Any sign of Leahyl?

Do we need to send down some smelling salts?

Surely she's got her snow fix :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Snow showers in Athenry with gusting wind. Snow sticking. Approx 1.5cms on the ground. Snow is on top of ice making the roads slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snow still falling in cork city :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    snow still falling in cork city :D:D
    Did u even go to bed?
    I got 3 hrs. Lovely snow in Cork.

Did u even go to bed?
    I got 3 hrs. Lovely snow in Cork.

i did, i got 3 hours. i was snow watching & watching h50 as well :D:D
    rilz wrote: »
    If it snowing in Cork it must be good lol. Ireland gets it for a change:D

yup. pretty cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Good inch of snow in Douglas Cork this morning , nice unexpected surprise , melting fast now , last snow about an hour ago. Got a few snowmen up and running before the thaw

• Advertisement

Any sign of Leahyl?

Do we need to send down some smelling salts?

Surely she's got her snow fix :)

she was probably up all night like myself and now ether out in it or asleep or at work

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    she was probably up all night like myself and now ether out in it or asleep or at work

ether and ice is not a good cobination:P

ugh, lack of sleep is making me spell wrong. but sooo worth being awake for :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KezzCoakley

This post could do with more eye-catching title.
    I think just call it snow and the place would be jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This is a bit of an anti ramp but there's no other appropriate thread for non model experts to talk about the future weather.
    Looking at M.T.s forecast this morning, not good at all. Seems like game over to me. Maybe a few in the east might get lucky at some stage. Even if there is a bit of cold MT thinks it will come and go fairly quickly thanks to the Atlantic. Disaster of a winter so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pangea wrote: »
    This is a bit of an anti ramp but there's no other appropriate thread for non model experts to talk about the future weather.
    Looking at M.T.s forecast this morning, not good at all. Seems like game over to me. Maybe a few in the east might get lucky at some stage. Even if there is a bit of cold MT thinks it will come and go fairly quickly thanks to the Atlantic. Disaster of a winter so far.

A typical winter so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

We got spoilt 2 years on the trot.
    We lost the run of ourselves with winter tyres & snow socks.
    The reality is the Atlantic always wins except once every 20 odd years.

Now to start my ironic facebook page "The great snow of 2013" where we can look at photos of clear driveways & milky green fields.

1947 . . . . . Sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    We got spoilt 2 years on the trot.
    We lost the run of ourselves with winter tyres & snow socks.
    The reality is the Atlantic always wins except once every 20 odd years.

Now to start my ironic facebook page "The great snow of 2013" where we can look at photos of clear driveways & milky green fields.

1947 . . . . . Sure :rolleyes:

Am I detecting the old reverse psychology in the last few posts?
    I've been saying look NE this winter since that big Russian high in December, (we were never going to get a Greenland high this winter) there was blocking in Jan to the ne but too weak to benefit us, its Feb now and HP is developing over Scandinavia, I know its weak at the moment but its not impossible that it can build and push westwards. I'm ramping I know but why not ramp?
    I'm immune to let downs at this stage and I'm well aware that these Scandinavian highs can be extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, because I'm an optimistic kind of person, because this thread needs some delusional optimism and because the GEFS chart at +384 shows the tiniest of tiny dipping tails, I'm going to call this now for a big cold reload in the last 7 days of February.

It'll be preceded by an extended chilly period, starting next Monday of daytime figures in low single digits before ramping up to one last wintry gasp around the 22nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Woke up to 1 inch this morning and I made sure to make the most of it!

downloadjp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

Is this winter going to be a bag of sh*te? Yes it is!

Naas this morning off their Facebook page

485157_480280918700365_1360725043_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=480280918700365&set=a.180822971979496.44266.180817878646672&type=1&theater

Maybe we should set up a helpline for those poor people trapped in their homes.
    Wasn't a loaf of bread to be had in Tesco's after 6pm.
    People were buying horse burgers out of desperation.

Ha ha ha, I laugh to keep away the tears.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

So much for a white out,but the anticipation was good...
    Looks like the bike went over the ramp and both tyres blew out at once,brakes failed and the bike rolled into the sea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Is this winter going to be a bag of sh*te? Yes it is!
    It's quite possible that this winter will go out with a whimper but don't forget that a chart like this would have had this place in meltdown exactly twelve months ago - and its not a +384 chart either, it's the UKMO +144 which I think hasn't performed too badly this winter.
    A lot of towels are being thrown in but I'll hang on to mine for the time being.

UW144-21.GIF?05-06

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

It's quite possible that this winter will go out with a whimper but don't forget that a chart like this would have had this place in meltdown exactly twelve months ago - and its not a +384 chart either, it's the UKMO +144 which I think hasn't performed too badly this winter.
    A lot of towels are being thrown in but I'll hang on to mine for the time being.

UW144-21.GIF?05-06

Not a hope of that happening. Lets look forward to a warm summer!! Oh wait that wont happen either. Just get rid of this wind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I agree and I have a feeling that we still have a chance of something bigger. I think people don't realise that we still have another 4 weeks or so of cold left.

I have hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Remarkable closeness in ECM and UKMO AT 144 all the same.

[IMG][/img]UW144-21_rqy8.GIF

[IMG][/img]ECM1-144_qmo0.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Is that it for the cold spell and snow? Any sign in it coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Not a hope of that happening. Lets look forward to a warm summer!! Oh wait that wont happen either. Just get rid of this wind
    Ramping thread????

• Advertisement

36grz4.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement