Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

On the Irish weather network they are showing a due point of o.oc near newbride by pass not far from me ,i don't know how accurate this site is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

wanna see my Gerald Fleming impersonation? ;)

nice 06z, The Atlantic doesn't seem to be making much progress, fingers crossed that this trend continues.

Rtavn1861.png

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Tallaght DP 1C and air temp 2.5C

Who knows if the DPs drop a little then we might see some action later?

Personally I have well and truly got off the roller coaster......but I ain't throwing in the towel just yet - I'll wait until Tuesday to do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

Redsunset wrote: »
    Yes lets Ramp the sh1t outta this while we still can. Bring on heatwaves then.

I'm gonna delete any more non ramping posts as they would be off topic and wrecking me bleedin buzz. :D

Feels like the Alamo for us rampers around here lately. But remember a cornered ramper is like a cornered rat with rabies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

AA roadwatch just retweeted a photo of snow on the Sally Gap - will post it in a few minutes if I can.

Edit - Photo added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

AA Roadwatch pic from Roundwood.

AA Roadwatch ‏@aaroadwatch
    It's meant to be Spring! “@Roundwood_WX: Snowing at Sally Gap Wicklow. Road conditions rapidly deteriorating #AARW pic.twitter.com/6EQLt8Uj”

BCfxeFfCUAAJjpz.jpg:large

Macy0161 wrote: »
    AA roadwatch just retweeted a photo of snow on the Sally Gap - will post it in a few minutes if I can.

Done it for you, just noticed there myself, I particularly like "Road conditions rapidly deteriorating":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Deank wrote: »
    Done it for you, just noticed there myself, I particularly like "Road conditions rapidly deteriorating":D

ObamaRage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

metoffice UK have warning for snow all over england, wales and scotland sunday

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-4.50&lat=55.74&fcTime=1360411200&regionName=uk

Any chance for us in the east??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

AA Roadwatch pic from Roundwood.

AA Roadwatch ‏@aaroadwatch
    It's meant to be Spring! “@Roundwood_WX: Snowing at Sally Gap Wicklow. Road conditions rapidly deteriorating #AARW pic.twitter.com/6EQLt8Uj”

BCfxeFfCUAAJjpz.jpg:large

You'd think AA roadwatch would know its far from spring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

You'd think AA roadwatch would know its far from spring!

"In Ireland spring traditionally starts on 1 February, St Brigid's Day,[7] although Irish meteorologists consider the whole of February to be part of winter"-SOURCE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Met office have just dropped there flash snow warning for today in NI. Don't know why they issued it to begin with. met.ie nailed todays fc

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Weathering wrote: »
    Met office have just dropped there flash snow warning for today in NI. Don't know why they issued it to begin with. met.ie nailed todays fc

not often that happens :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's lashing rain in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

JonnyM wrote: »
    not often that happens :pac:

I would say that it has happened pretty consistently this winter.

I think they have gotten most predictions spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

I thought this was the ramping thread?? not something about seasonal discussion... as far as I'm concerned there are only two seasons... the time when it snows, and the time when it doesn't... the latter is insignificant! The snowy time can come when it wants and doesn't own a calendar so it doesn't care about what date it's supposed to arrive and what date it should stay away.

Tell other people at our latitude that spring starts on a certain date, when they are waist high in snow.. and they'll tell you it's still winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The lack of sun is playing on all our heads... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

There's already a thread started about this "when is Spring?" question a few days ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056871966&pp=15&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

"Ah heyar, leave ir ouh" - temp and DP gone up to 4 now.

Am out for now but will be back on Saturday/Sunday for a bit of a ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

After all the ramping by BBC NI weather this am (based on MO) we have had rain, rain and more rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Conrach wrote: »

After all the ramping by BBC NI weather this am (based on MO) we have had rain, rain and more rain.

Absolutely disgusting ain't it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

Absolutely disgusting ain't it

Yep but more importantly (for snow lovers) heartbreaking!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

The 0z ecm may look good at first glance but delve deeper.
    That circulation is returning Atlantic air.
    That is air that's circulating from the Atlantic, in over northern France, out over Denmark and back again via Britain.
    Its coldest station in route over Denmark is only 0c with a Dp of -2 c.

That is not a sea level snowmaking feed at all.
    Hate to introduce reality but by the time thatair is almost back to where it came from over the IIrish sea,it will be just a bit colder than when it started but not cold enough,except up at 800ft maybe.

This is where I'm less bullish than Mt on snow next week in eastern populous places.
    But on the plus side I suppose,if we get to pull in a Ne feed after that,then we tap into a proper snow maker cold feed.
    Impossible to say if we will yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Malin now reporting the lowest temperature at 4c as it becomes colder again from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

ZX7R wrote: »
    On the Irish weather network they are showing a due point of o.oc near newbride by pass not far from me ,i don't know how accurate this site is

All of the NRA locations on the IWN map show a DP of 0.0C on the live map. Click on the station and it will bring you to a page with real DP readings.

The site is as accurate as the station it is getting readings from. It uses Met-E, NRA, UKMO and amateur stations so obviously some stations will be more accurate than others. It tells you where it's getting data from in the popup window when you mouse over a location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

GFS 12Z is showing -8 uppers bring pumped westward across Ireland right through Monday and Tuesday.

Get ramping lads

dopolahpec wrote: »
    GFS 12Z is showing -8 uppers bring pumped westward across Ireland right through Monday and Tuesday.

Get ramping lads

Got a link to that chart? Or can you post the image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

dopolahpec wrote: »

Get ramping lads
    Can't I'm afraid,as they'll be -5 come the time with it being mixed with returning Atlantic air,Irish sea air etc,making for snowfall at that sally gap crossroads alright but muck for the rest of us.
    -8 would do the trick though (just) but not on the coast.
    Inland south Dublin eg goatstown Dundrum seeing snow,whilst UCD sees sleet for example.
    Higher up and further inland,all snow perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Got a link to that chart? Or can you post the image?
    gfs-1-114_elk7.png

Even a little ramp out to sea there for cork:pac:

• Advertisement

dexter647 wrote: »
    gfs-1-114_elk7.png

Even a little ramp out to sea there for cork:pac:

It'd be nicer if those -12's could bake a push further westwards but that doesn't look on, they're too far out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement