Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

240 hours as usual :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

240 hours as usual :rolleyes:

I said the 'Hail Mary' for winter...

& don't worry I'm sure the Cork snow shield will be up in time if anything comes our way, no need for you to worry :rolleyes:

dacogawa wrote: »

I said the 'Hail Mary' for winter...

& don't worry I'm sure the Cork snow shield will be up in time if anything comes our way, no need for you to worry :rolleyes:
    I was only pointing out that all the good charts this winter have been way out in fi and they do not verify!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I hate to be a downer but we've been saying hail marys since the first week of November and we are still here mid way through February with nothing.... our prayers are always answered but it's a question of how many months, years or even decades do we have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    I hate to be a downer but we've been saying hail marys since the first week of November and we are still here mid way through February with nothing.... our prayers are always answered but it's a question of how many months, years or even decades do we have to wait.

Recm2401.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Recm2401.gif

Nice deep cold feed. It might be last chance saloon, but it would certainly deliver the goods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

If this comes off it adds more credit to MTs research. It also gives us a fix for the year. But as I recall in Jan/feb 2011, people were getting pissed we were not getting more snow.

I tend to ignore the "I'm calling it now" posts. They add nothing.

I much prefer the ramping and reading the knowledgeable guys theories on how it could pan out and which way it needs too for snow.

These self pronounced demi-gods who can 'call' weather, can go and fook off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snow visible up on Kippure and surrounding high mountains. I'd say it's lying above 600m. Another snow day in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DanRu

ECM certainly not backing down on this. From the latest model attached it seems we get cold from the north, scary with that PV lobe so close. That's serious cold if its to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

No need for the lingo nabber. Bit harsh. Who are u to tell people what they want to say or not. Freedom of expression. Basic human right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Yeah, with the current good synoptics, of a different flavour to earlier attempts (ie much less energy around northwestern canada), I am allowing myself another 7-10 days of cold chasing, because there is something to chase, and it does look tasty, the right sort of muscular cold shot to deliver the goods in late winter.

It might be 10 days out, but that is still only the 22nd of February, and you'd be mad to say that is too late for serious snowfall

If this one busts out, anything showing in March can eat my shorts. I will be looking for nice plumes of warm air from the south.

Who wants half assed cold? The wind today would tear strips off ya, and not a flake of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

No need for the lingo nabber. Bit harsh. Who are u to tell people what they want to say or not. Freedom of expression. Basic human right

Not sure what your referring to Fluffycloud but personally I don't see anything harsh about his posts, he is expressing his opinion and viewpoint. As you said yourself "freedom of expression".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Edit 2: Cannot be bothered leaving it up, as weathering said the place is going down, no point trying to fight it retaliating to posts that casually tell people to "fook off" from making predictions or no point addressing people who have nothing better to do than grammar Nazi and label tiny mistakes while I'm using a phone as "shocking".

Here's to some snow everyone. It's the only time boards has quality posting from its dwindling supply of decent posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I'd settle for a sustained high pressure at this stage and it looks like one is coming to hopefully hold off the Atlantic muck and any other backdoor muck.

I'd also like some people to seriously consider this link as it's affecting my view of posts on the weather.

there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Joe Public wrote: »
    I'd settle for a sustained high pressure at this stage and it looks like one is coming to hopefully hold off the Atlantic muck and any other backdoor muck.

I'd also like some people to seriously consider this link as it's affecting my view of posts on the weather.

there

Ha ha. Oh I'm with you all the way on that one!

I realise this isn't an English grammar thread but my God, the number of people on here who don't know the difference between their, there and they're is shocking.

The lack of punctuation in posts is also a problem in that you can barely understand what some people are trying to post.

*awaits barrage of abuse*

Anyway, bring on the cold! I'd even be happy with a few half-decent snow showers as opposed to sustained cold at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Recm2401.gif

I wouldnt really have much of an idea but is that a Greenland high scenario I hear about on here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Haven't been on this for a few days and reading through the post all I missed was bickering
    No doubt someone will start bickering about this post and thus the cycle continues
    I imagine it'll be a few more days before I come back on again
    This place has seriously gone down hill

compsys wrote: »

I realise this isn't an English grammar thread but my God, the number of people on here who don't know the difference between their, there and they're is shocking.

The lack of punctuation in posts is also a problem in that you can barely understand what some people are trying to post.

*awaits barrage of abuse*

Anyway, bring on the cold! I'd even be happy with a few half-decent snow showers as opposed to sustained cold at this stage.

It's pretty appalling in fairness the amount of mistakes made with your/you're and there/they're/their. I suspect a lot of it is down to laziness more than anything else but as you pointed out it can change the meaning of a sentence quite drastically! Sorry MODS off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

John.Icy wrote: »
    no point trying to fight it retaliating to posts that casually tell people to "fook off" from making predictions

Saying I'm calling winter is not a prediction that helps anyone. It serves no purpose other than trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Nabber wrote: »

Saying I'm calling winter is not a prediction that helps anyone. It serves no purpose other than trolling.
    Please explain ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Desperation, I know, but a lovely end to the GFS! :D

(http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=384&mode=0)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah jaysus lads, you're really clutching at straws with these charts. We have a better chance of having 30 consecutive sunny days in June :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Hahahaha Jean Byrne won't like this http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0TY-wdomk

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Another good ECMWF, showing a nice southeasterly flow over Ireland by the end of the run. Still very far out though, don't go running away with the idea of cold yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Everybody cop on. If you don't like what somebody posts, ignore it and don't start an argument for no reason.

Bans will be handed out as this place is fast becoming a childrens playground and we don't have the hours to be moderating every single post that is made.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

Everybody cop on. If you don't like what somebody posts, ignore it and don't start an argument for no reason.

Bans will be handed out as this place is fast becoming a childrens playground and we don't have the hours to be moderating every single post that is made.

Thanks.

But they started it...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Sure but no need to use the f .... Word. Common courtesy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Winter is Over!

Long live the Spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Spring starts on the 21st of March!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

compsys wrote: »

That's actually more to do with smartphone/tablet predictive text than anything else.Most people have it on and don't notice what it does.It's a curse.

Something else which is cursed too..my facebook with photo's in news of friends deep in snow near lug in the wicklow alps today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement