Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Torque.ie wrote: »
    SNOW SNOW SNOW

Where are they all, here snow bunnies, here, someone mentioned snow.....:eek:

tumblr_lh4moempOk1qeqayio1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A very cold spell ahead but we need to the pool shifted a bit further north otherwise when the feed swings northeasterly towards Saturday / Sunday it may just become a bit marginal along eastern fringes.

Some very cold minima ahead, tomorrow sees the cold easterly feed drag across the country. Today will be the last of the comfortable sunny late winter days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

A very cold spell ahead but we need to the pool shifted a bit further north otherwise when the feed swings northeasterly towards Saturday / Sunday it may just become a bit marginal along eastern fringes.

Some very cold minima ahead, tomorrow sees the cold easterly feed drag across the country. Today will be the last of the comfortable sunny late winter days.

The GFS 6z looks a little underwhelming alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Redsunset wrote: »
    I'm liking how little changes are happening. Edging further north west with some support.

I think snow showers for Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford at least into the weekend. Might only be brief but hey the situation is still evolving and you never know.
    I'll take that please, & thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Where's Maquiladora gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Taking a well earned rest form the mad house I expect :)

Don't think we need Maquiladora's expertise to call this one.

Cold and dry, few flurries at best.

Taking a well earned rest form the mad house I expect :)

Don't think we need Maquiladora's expertise to call this one.

Cold and dry, few flurries at best.

Ah no, its a definite enough situation and I'm not suggesting the discussions and predictions are lacking, just that he was among the most active contributors this winter when there was potential about, and hes gone off the grid altogether, just wondered had there been an 'incident'!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Torque.ie wrote: »
    Looking at these charts, I have a feeling I'll be spending the next 48 hours + glued to this thread. Where is everybody?

Still here, still lurking, still hoping.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ah no, its a definite enough situation and I'm not suggesting the discussions and predictions are lacking, just that he was among the most active contributors this winter when there was potential about, and hes gone off the grid altogether, just wondered had there been an 'incident'!

No incident. Simply choosing to lurk.

Carry on Ramping. I look foreward to cold crisp days and nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

If any showers are going to form it'll be tomorrow or early Friday as pressure is lower and SE feed is decent enough. Not as cold as it will be at weekend so snow not as likely as if precip we're to occur Saturday. (Not saying precip will form, but tomorrow + Friday are more suitable due to slightly lower air pressure)

Sadly when the coldest uppers do arrive at the weekend, high pressure will be pretty well established with most of the country under 1025mb, which will put a lid on Irish sea precip to a large extent. Can never rule out some flurries but such a lack of gradient means they'll dangle out to shore or if lucky hug the coast. Don't see anything at all myself but nothing is ever written in stone.

Will be some lovely days for most of us though, very cold but good sunshine hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I think the positive here is that you can plan a nice day out and not worry about the rain. I plan on getting a fair bit of cycling done and 12 loads of washing dried.

Decent SE breeze here on southside of Dublin Bay, between that and the sunshine disappearing it felt much colder this lunchtime, wind chill down to 1C according to the NWS chill index!

Ramp away i suppose!

T78

prectypeuktopo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Ok

RampRampRampRampRampRampRamp

For the non experienced poster. Please don't place much faith in those snowmaps. We're having a bit of fun here but might just see something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Ignore Redsunset. Bet your house on those maps, 100% guarantee of snow :)

Redsun save your sensible talk for the technical thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

No mention of snow on TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

No mention of snow on TV3

I wouldn't bother with TV3, they're more interested in seasonal fashion tips rather than seasonal weather forecasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

To see some live snow stick on sky sports 1 to see the golf in Arizona desert now. It's a whiteout!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Anyone watching the golf on sky course covered in snow and its in the Arizona desert

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Lenny5 wrote: »
    To see some live snow stick on sky sports 1 to see the golf in Arizona desert now. It's a whiteout!

Yes incredible, even Arizona is getting more snow than us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow in Arizona??? Is that even possible! Desert + snow, seen it all now. I can never remember that tournament being anything other than t-shirts event. That is bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Back to Ireland now. Wat are the chances of snow between now and sunday

Snow in Arizona??? Is that even possible! Desert + snow, seen it all now. I can never remember that tournament being anything other than t-shirts event. That is bizarre
    Not at all unusual, high ground and low dew points. Will disappear fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

And I miss you
    Like the Arizona desert misses rain

Wtf

Why is there snow in a desert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

pauldry wrote: »
    And I miss you
    Like the Arizona desert misses rain

Wtf

Why is there snow in a desert

Rare storm hit California.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

snow in the desert. unbelievable :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Not at all unusual, high ground and low dew points. Will disappear fairly quick.

Of course it is unusual,number1 it's a desert meaning next to nothing falls from the sky let alone precipitation and perfect conditions for snow at once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Flagstaff in Arizona gets over 2 metres of snow per year, Arizona has plenty of high land and cold temperatures are perfectly normal at this time of year

Back home and its looking bitterly cold over the next few days, possibly the coldest night of the winter at some stage over the weekend?

130223122018.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

everything is possible...... except decent snow in Ireland!... i remember during the very mild winters between 1991 and 2009 that on a few winters even Athens in Greece and parts of southern spain had snowfalls while Ireland basked in 12C and mist....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes this cold spell is not too severe here in Sligo town yet. Last night it went to 1.6c but I would expect minus 3 or 4c on Saturday before the temperatures creep back up next week to 9c

East could see light snow grains though, while midlands could be minus 6 or 7c. Think these temperatures will only be over the weekend and possibly not that low on Sunday

Sorry I keep killing the ramp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement