Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

700 feet you mean?700 metres is a very high mountain in Ireland

No I mean 700m - the likes of Carantoohill, Brandon, Galtymore etc. I doubt there would be much ice/snow anywhere below 700m but 700-1000m could be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Gently snowing in Blanchardstown. Am hoping it keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Proper snow in stepaside now! sticking to most things. Id say 1cm on ground so far!! These streamers are really capable!!
    Does not look like stopping too soon - he says worried he will jinx this.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Decent snow in Delgany....sticking

Heavy snow now and more to come by the looks of the radar........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Have some schtuff here in Greystones. It was about 1mm/hr earlier. Melting on the roads and sticking on hedgerows or grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

More snow in D12,melting quickly I am sad to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Big, fluffy flakes being sacrificed to Gomiweg (the God of Miserable Wet Ground) in S. Dublin :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not sticking on roads. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Proper snow here, sticking too! :)

Wasn't expecting that! :eek:

• Advertisement

been coming down heavyish now for about an hour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    been coming down heavyish now for about an hour.....

Where are you in Dublin??? Snoeing lightly all day in dublin 15 but nothing sticking

Delgany ....heaviest yet now........

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Stepaside - whiteout!
    I thought there was to be little precip? And what was forecast was to be very light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Snowing in donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Stepaside - whiteout!
    I thought there was to be little precip? And what was forecast was to be very light?

Yep amazing in sandyford. Even the road in the estate completely covered. Been constant for hour and half and temp down to 0.1 c. Photos ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Wicklow Weather

Stepaside - whiteout!
    Met Eireann issued a warning this morning for small localised accumulations and MT also pointed similar forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Heavier snow now in Leixlip,starting to stick!

Easing down now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ideal conditions for snow to fall on here in cork very cold and dry but as per no snow, our snow shield broke for a few days but it was wet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

starting to snow in Laois:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ideal conditions for snow to fall on here in cork very cold and dry but as per no snow, our snow shield broke for a few days but it was wet :mad:

Not gonna happen here as usual :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

raining with bits of tiny snow here in ballymun not gonna stick at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Have put some photos in the Level 1 slight risk thread. Very nice here. Has given us a badly needed fix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I want to say, I deeply respect M.T. Cranium's / Peter's latest post in this thread. It's spoken like a true scientist and with a genuine passion for finding out accurate facts as part of his research.

I'd like to know under what set of criteria could the previous forecasts for this "cold spell" be favourably assessed with a B- or C rating. Now, the month is not yet up and there was significant uncertainty about the timing of these events, but so far the weather hasn't been within an ass' roar of severe cold in this part of the world this month, nor has this even been the case in much of Britain either. I'm waiting until March to see if forecasts held up, but I can't see how they can be called accurate at this moment in time.

Also, it's precisely because I don't see him or any other poster as being some sort of deity, that leads me to question an overconfident forecast as much as praise excellent meteorological analysis.

Any claims to 70% probability predictions (which is actually a very high chance as meteorology goes) in longer term forecasts need to be backed up. Or if they do go wrong (which is inevitable and happens to us all and to M.T. less than most), that there's some kind of rationale given for why things went wrong in spite of high probability. I'm very grateful for his post as he took the time to explain the overall reasons for why things hadn't quite worked out up to now, but I cannot accept the assertion that his previous forecasts have more or less verified for this month.

I just realised it's off topic, so I'll take my hurley and sit right back on the fence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Nice bit of snow coming down here now, I wasn't expecting that, you gotta f ing love Ninja snow:-D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back to snizzle here, nothing stuck/wet the ground in the end but it was very nice to see the snow fall. The forecasters definitely got this cold spell slightly wrong over past 2 days. I was fully expecting plenty of sunshine with cloudy spells and night time frosts. We havent had any frost since Tuesday night as it has been cloudy ever since and then the unexpected snow today! Cant really complain tho. Best week of weather we've had here all winter.

Coming down heavy again and sticking on road.....this is in for the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Coming down heavy again and sticking on road.....this is in for the evening
    Bring it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

Nice steady snow in Laois the last hour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement