Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

First Met Eireann warn of "abnormally" cold weather next weekend and now a warning for several cms in Leinster.
    Whats happening? Has Met Eireann been infiltrated by a member of boards.ie weather forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

First Met Eireann warn of "abnormally" cold weather next weekend and now a warning for several cms in Leinster.
    Whats happening? Has Met Eireann been infiltrated by a member of boards.ie weather forum?

In fairness to the MET their forecasts have been spot on this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

heavy snow now in arklow sticking too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Light snow on and off just 5 miles from Kilkenny for most of the day. It's teasing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Deank wrote: »
    In fairness to the MET their forecasts have been spot on this winter.
    I agree, I was a bit surprised at the "abnormally cold" bit a week in advance though.
    One would get shot down for a ramp like that around here! :D
    Lets hope they continue to be spot on as you say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

I agree, I was a bit surprised at the "abnormally cold" bit a week in advance though.
    One would get shot down for a ramp like that around here! :D
    Lets hope they continue to be spot on as you say!

Has been light snow for most of the day in dublin 15 Castleknock/blanch but as usual the higher up suburbs of Dublin are doing a lot better I.e. sand yford, stepaside, dundrum, rathfarnham.

fontenoy7 wrote: »
    Has been light snow for most of the day in dublin 15 Castleknock/blanch but as usual the higher up suburbs of Dublin are doing a lot better I.e. sand yford, stepaside, dundrum, rathfarnham.

The streamers still seem to building in the Irish Sea. I'm liking this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Come on showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

FOR SALE..... One Waterford snow shield. In perfect working order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Ha ha siobhan Ryan said "Shnow". The way i have spelt it lol. This was after the 6- news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

Sleet turning to light rain Greystones......ramp over for here to close to sea level

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Ha ha siobhan Ryan said "Shnow". The way i have spelt it lol. This was after the 6- news :)

thats mad

JonnyM wrote: »
    thats mad

So it is, n dat....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

mrmright wrote: »
    Sleet turning to light rain Greystones......ramp over for here to close to sea level

Not up on Windgates, still falling steadily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

cotton wrote: »

Is it sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Still falling here but its very very light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

cotton wrote: »

Up here in Drogheda and It was sticking on the roads up there in Windgates when I left earlier this afternoon. I hope I have no problem tomorrow getting up that road. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Not falling here now. But has dried up nicely after a shower earlier hoping for some more now as it shud stick. Seems to be something brewing out in the Irish sea but it seems to be quite light at the moment according to the rainfall radar, hopefully it will intensfy before it hits land.

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    Not falling here now. But has dried up nicely after a shower earlier hoping for some more now as it shud stick. Seems to be something brewing out in the Irish sea but it seems to be quite light at the moment according to the rainfall radar, hopefully it will intensfy before it hits land.

Look at some of the beefy streamers brewing over Holyhead, they've gathered pace all day albeit weaker, this lot could deliver some nice snowfall by the morning, here's hoping anyway....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Yea....chunky bunch a couple of hours out...Arklow plumb again....

• Advertisement

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Yea....chunky bunch a couple of hours out...Arklow plumb again....

Need them coming towards North Kildare for my fix

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Met E have indeed called this winter quite well.
    Fair enough.
    But it is quite frankly ridiculous to say "abnormal" cold for next weekend and a few hours later RETRACT this totally! Now they mention that ireland should see its first rain in over a week ?
    Chalk and cheese ! A forecast yes, but the extremes here are mad no??
    I accept i will be slated here by lots. but it becomes silly when you have such variance in forecasts in a 12 hour period.
    And ok, its a forecast - fine
    But this is the biggest backtack known to any snow lover!
    As i say
    Ridiculous!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Met E have indeed called this winter quite well.
    Fair enough.
    But it is quite frankly ridiculous to say "abnormal" cold for next weekend and a few hours later RETRACT this totally! Now they mention that ireland should see its first rain in over a week ?
    Chalk and cheese ! A forecast yes, but the extremes here are mad no??
    I accept i will be slated here by lots. but it becomes silly when you have such variance in forecasts in a 12 hour period.
    And ok, its a forecast - fine
    But this is the biggest backtack known to any snow lover!
    As i say
    Ridiculous!!

Found that very odd myself yesterday. Checked Met.ie in the morning and saw the snow forecast, then a few hours later it's gone. Thought it was very odd that it was there in the first place considering that ME always state how hard snow is to forecast - why put a snow forecast on there a week in advance then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Is there any snow in Roundwood or sugarloaf for kids to have alittle sledge??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Youneckfreak

All over for another year. See ye in November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

That was said last week and look what happened, fair enough come April. and other 5 weeks left for potential cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

snowbabe wrote: »
    Is there any snow in Roundwood or sugarloaf for kids to have alittle sledge??

Just back from Dublin mountains....sledding all day long with kids...approx 10/15 centimetres or more in places and 0 degrees. The snowiest area in Ireland without a doubt.....a guarantee for snow always and lots if it.
    Will upload some pics later.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Never turn your back on snow. If you do....you may be caught out by the ninja snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

God bless Ticknock, Tigh an Chnoic, always a magnet for the white stuff. This was 11am today.

2e3u9w2.jpg
    21bhcp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Wouldn't say that! I took this photo in County Wexford on April 1st 2010. Interesting things can still happen, even if it's not 2 weeks without thaw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement