Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

##RAMPING THREAD##

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

beaver111 wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be playing golf tomorrow in trim what the change it stay dry till twoish:-D

I'd stick a few orange balls in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I'm supposed to be playing golf tomorrow in trim what the change it stay dry till twoish:-D

Have yer luminous balls handy! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hopefully slim to none. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    taking a stab at what an eddie is here..but

izzard-blizzard?

LOL!! :)

Don't think this post got the credit it deserves! We should really put a dictionary of rhyming slang weather terms after this beaut and get RTE to use them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

What time is the show starting at
    Lights
    Camera
    Action?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

What time is the show starting at
    Lights
    Camera
    Action?

45 minutes 18z

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Dead_Rabbits

snowgolf2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭corksurfer2005

hHYZq.png

Very windy in Dundalk at the moment, somethings a brewing, I can feel it deep down!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

After hours:

236748.png

Weather:

236749.png

hmm . . .:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 SandraD

Guys I know this is the ramping thread, hence some very overly optimistic commentary on here, however for what I can see in most of the model outputs is that they're still having difficulty getting any real grip on anything beyond 72hrs... this is evident in the fact that each run is either and upgrade or downgrade and there's little consistency between the main models (GFS, ECMWF, GEM, UKMO, JMA). The vast majority of Ireland (barring Northern Ireland and more northern counties) will not see snow tomorrow. We're in for heavy rain tonight and rain gradually easing tomorrow, then it will be cooler - even colder, but if and where snow will fall is still debatable. There's no doubt it sucks b*lls that the majority of the UK are gonna have a snowfest (and is if by some cruel twist of fate, even NI get to join in, just none of the republic) whilst we get drenched again, but such is life... tis Feb 2012 all over again eh! We can only hope that the trends for a return to milder zonal dross are only a blip on the earlier released models and that later runs will return to the colder trend that was starting to develop and then maybe next time the Republic won't miss out!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

What I read:
    SandraD wrote: »
    blah blah blah optimistic blah blah blah see snow tomorrow blah blah blah snow will fall blah blah blah gonna have a snowfest blah blah blah

Can't stop the ramp... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Guys I know this is the ramping thread, hence some very overly optimistic commentary on here, however for what I can see in most of the model outputs is that they're still having difficulty getting any real grip on anything beyond 72hrs... this is evident in the fact that each run is either and upgrade or downgrade and there's little consistency between the main models (GFS, ECMWF, GEM, UKMO, JMA). The vast majority of Ireland (barring Northern Ireland and more northern counties) will not see snow tomorrow. We're in for heavy rain tonight and rain gradually easing tomorrow, then it will be cooler - even colder, but if and where snow will fall is still debatable. There's no doubt it sucks b*lls that the majority of the UK are gonna have a snowfest (and is if by some cruel twist of fate, even NI get to join in, just none of the republic) whilst we get drenched again, but such is life... tis Feb 2012 all over again eh! We can only hope that the trends for a return to milder zonal dross are only a blip on the earlier released models and that later runs will return to the colder trend that was starting to develop and then maybe next time the Republic won't miss out!

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH ........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

These are the nights/mornings/days us snow addicts live for.

Bring it on! Even if it goes belly up!

What I read:

Can't stop the ramp... :D

*lol* True! Well they do say ignorance is bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

The Weather Channel app.... Says there will be accumulations of 3 - 5 inches of snow in Dublin tomorrow!??.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Is that you Gerry??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its better for us for the UK to have a snowfield and cold conditions , a lot lot better actually .

Its something like the UK sourcing there cold from the continental Europe , we will be sourcing ours from them .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Say what ...... where did all them come from ?

Also after watching Gerry there , Im back watching Gold Divers , Under the Ice , 4 feet of ice , lubley jubley

236769.png

Totally agree Pistolpetes11... I do think that our time will come, but probably not within the next 24hr period! Overall the trends are looking good for something more substantial and long lasting and I don't think it's too far away! But with all the model uncertainty over the last few weeks and with models only starting to get a grip with the recent SSW and having to calculate the additional warmings, it's hard to take anything but actual temperatures and conditions outside as gospel. I say get the cold here first then start looking for snow potential! So please god the cold willl get here within the next day or so and then we can start thinking in terms of actual snow potential!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

They came cause Gerry mentioned SNOW several times on the forecast!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Totally agree Pistolpetes11... I do think that our time will come, but probably not within the next 24hr period! Overall the trends are looking good for something more substantial and long lasting and I don't think it's too far away! But with all the model uncertainty over the last few weeks and with models only starting to get a grip with the recent SSW and having to calculate the additional warmings, it's hard to take anything but actual temperatures and conditions outside as gospel. I say get the cold here first then start looking for snow potential! So please god the cold willl get here within the next day or so and then we can start thinking in terms of actual snow potential!

Spongebob? is that you? in a dress ?

Say what ...... where did all them come from ?

Also after watching Gerry there , Im back watching Gold Divers , Under the Ice , 4 feet of ice , lubley jubley

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

Actual outside temps can swing wildly in a day

from mild to cold , or back in 2010 when it was all said and done from Cold to very mild !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

My prediction is this time tomorrow we will all be sad again !!!! No basis to this I just sense a few downgrades a comin! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    My prediction is this time tomorrow we will all be sad again !!!! No basis to this I just sense a few downgrades a comin! ;)

Nothing to down grade in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

He couldn't say it outright, sleet & possibly snow was mentioned 6 times though.:D

Was getting knackered from the rollercoater & all the watching, admit to not even checking last night as himself & the dogs were getting no attention whatsoever. Did my usual morning check this morning & couldn't believe what I read!
    I'm holding onto the hope that as we're only 50+ miles fom Wales here, we going to get something. :rolleyes:

Wind here unreal all night btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Nothing to down grade in Waterford.

:)

Very windy and very wet here in Sth Wexford.

If only it were colder Id be under feet of snow by now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

eskimocat wrote: »
    They came cause Gerry mentioned SNOW several times on the forecast!! :D:D
    Gerry M actually mentioned snow TEN times in that forecast!
    very marginal tomorrow on low ground but I remember this day (30-12-09) which promised so much but was a let down in the end with rain and sleet. The next day saw the beginning of at least ten days of lying snow.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/2009/brack/bracka20091230.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement