Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish 'conman' stopped at Perth Airport

Options
  • 17-01-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Some excellent work by Australian immigration against travellers. Pity we dont stand up to them the same at home.
    Irish 'conman' stopped at Perth Airport
    Elle Farcic, The West Australian
    January 17, 2013, 2:09 pm

Accused conman Jerry Connors.
    Department of Immigration officials stopped an accused conman from re-entering Australia through Perth International Airport this morning.

Officers stopped 24-year-old Irishman Jerry Connors at the airport at the request of New South Wales fair trading investigators.

“We are determined to continue to track these gangs and hold them accountable for their crimes against vulnerable Australians.”

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/15862032/irish-conman-stopped-at-perth-airport/

<mod edit - no links to full articles, just snippets>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

What about their ethnic rights etc etc etc blah blah blah....

Delighted to see this, it's just a shame that he'll fly back to Ireland and get away scott free doing the same thing to vulnerable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

delighted !!! the likes of him should be dropped in the middle of bagdad an not let out of the place .. sickner seeing the likes coming back to ireland !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I'm thinking this is related to the fake Honda Generators the were crushed by the NSW office of fair trading that made the news in 2012, they said they would catch up with those responsible at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

The Aussie wrote: »
    I'm thinking this is related to the fake Honda Generators the were crushed by the NSW office of fair trading that made the news in 2012, they said they would catch up with those responsible at the time.

Nah think its the crowd that charged old folks thousands to power hose their roof and clean the gutters. Good to see all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

With a name like Felix Moorehouse he's hardly an Irish traveller?
    Connors yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

You might be correct.

"AUSTRALIAN officials stopped a known conman from entering Australia earlier today. Jerry Connors (24) (pictured top left) was held by immigration officers when he arrived at Perth at the request of New South Wales Fair Trading. He had been accused of carrying out a number of building work scams in 2011."

I was thinking it was these these fine upstanding members of the community. :pac:
    Mentioned in the same story/link, excuse The Sunday World link, to lazy to look for a reputable source.

"The Sunday World previously revealed how traveller traders from Rathkeale had been involved in a scam selling dodgy electrical generators. The affair sparked national headlines across Australia."

http://fraudblog.dilloninvestigates.com/2013/01/two-irish-home-repair-scam-merchants.html?m=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Anthony Roberts established this taskforce and has led a relentless national strategy against travelling conmen

The correct term is members of the travelling conman community.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Connors yes.

I don't know about the name Felix , but Moorehouse is definately a traveller name . I used to live near them !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Connors yes.

Well there is a Geremla Moorhouse on this List. Probably out of the same site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

Irish travellers complaining about Irish travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Only a pity we can't refuse them entry back into Ireland :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

NIALL D wrote: »
    delighted !!! the likes of him should be dropped in the middle of bagdad an not let out of the place .. sickner seeing the likes coming back to ireland !!

As if the Baghdadi's didn't suffer enough over the years, I say leave them in Saudi, They would know what to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

The Aussie wrote: »

Those travellers were back in Rathkeale a couple of weeks later. Best part of the whole thing was when they left Australia after the story broke they went to NZ to try the same scam.

However, someone tipped off the gangs in NZ that they were on the way. They were picked up at the airport, taking away and given a bit of a seeing to and then dropped back at the airport.

I'll never forget being in the shop in Rathkeale when some of them arrived in black and blue and a couple of old local women openly pointed and laughed at them saying it was good to see they got what they deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

NIALL D wrote: »

They would thrive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

sponge_bob wrote: »
    They would thrive there.

couldnt give a rats ass as long as there not hangin around ireland , but obviously we are never goin to be that lucky to get rid of the smelly f**kers !! :mad:

Advertisement