Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Preview: NFC East

Options
  • 17-01-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Will only do my own team for the moment as can't remember in detail what the other guys have done, apart from Ben's Orakpo trade.

Significant Losses to Free Agency
    LG Dockery (starter)
    MLB Brackett (starter)
    FS Sensabaugh (starter)
    SS Sanders (starter)
    TE Pascoe (run blocker)

Free Agent Signings
    LG Britton (starter)
    WR Smith (slot receiver)
    TE Moore (backup for 2 TE sets)
    RT ? (backup)

Trades
    2nd rounder for SS Landry (Jags)
    CB Jenkins (3rd CB) to Steelers for 2nd rounder + CB Brown (backup)
    1st rounder for FS Lewis and 2nd rounder (Chiefs)

Draft
    RG (backup)
    TE (Run blocker, RBK 85)
    Couple of CB's
    HB (3rd string)
    LOLB (3rd string)
    MLB (backup)

Comparison last year, guys who get regular playing time
    Upgraded starting LG
    Upgraded starting SS
    Upgraded starting FS
    Upgraded slot receiver
    Upgraded run blocking TE

Downgraded at MLB
    Downgraded at nickel CB

So all in all, am pretty happy with the off-season.
    Offense should be pretty much the same, hopefully with some improvement from my own play.
    Big aim is to cut down on INTs with Romo. Have gotten used to using Bryant much more so passing game should be improved, hopefully with a more reliable slot guy now.
    Defense should be slightly better, my safeties absolutely killed me last year. Will still have very good pass rush with Ware and Spencer and a solid D-line.
    Would have loved to have gotten a good returner in the draft but had run out of scouting points to look into viable guys.

Redskins will again bet the team to beat in the East.
    Aim would be to improve from 8-8, and be in the playoff mix coming down the stretch, but this will be tough as got a win against Ben last year in Week 17 against his backups which would be tough to repeat. And will miss my week 1 game against the Dolphins (I think), so that's likely a loss. Playing AFC East, so Jets and Pats will be tough games. 2nd place schedule and I think (though stand to be corrected) the NFC West.

Advertisement