Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow and weather updates.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Snowflakes outside. Can see Dalymount Park from my window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

My West Brom vs Villa/Newcastle vs Reading prediction is starting to gain some momentum then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

BA5QhyiCEAAvrrt.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

news.sky.com/story/1040077/travel-gridlock-amid-snow-and-ice

Not sure if this will affect us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

From Wigan's Twitter @LaticsOfficial "No problems at the DW Stadium. Game on!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

West Ham United FCwhufc_official
    GAME ON - The groundstaff have been working overtime and the pitch is looking great so West Ham United's game with QPR is ON! #COYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I can't see any games being called off. Too many people could leaving to go to games at this stage or preparing to. It's like after 9 in England now I think. decisions to cancel a game would surely have to be made early given that they can easily tell well in advance of travel conditions and safety.

I can't see any games being called off. Too many people could leaving to go to games at this stage or preparing to. It's like after 9 in England now I think. decisions to cancel a game would surely have to be made early given that they can easily tell well in advance of travel conditions and safety.

i agree, it seems unlikely any of today's games will be called off now, only one i think there's a bit of doubt around is the evening game between west brom and villa but i doubt that will effect too many people.
    I think there's still doubts about southampton v everton monday night but we won't hear anything about that before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Hogey007 wrote: »

i agree, it seems unlikely any of today's games will be called off now, only one i think there's a bit of doubt around is the evening game between west brom and villa but i doubt that will effect too many people.
    I think there's still doubts about southampton v everton monday night but we won't hear anything about that before the deadline.

Think the only concern with the Southhampton game was to do with a burst pipe that affected underground heating if I'm remembering correctly. Plenty of time to keep the pitch playable. Might be just a bit hard. Which would be good for a passing team. Fellaini to bag a brace.

• Advertisement

Think the only concern with the Southhampton game was to do with a burst pipe that affected underground heating if I'm remembering correctly. Plenty of time to keep the pitch playable. Might be just a bit hard. Which would be good for a passing team. Fellaini to bag a brace.

Fellaini is my only interest in that match, I'll be putting him in my starting 11 anyway.
    Wouldn't actually mind if it was called off, a lot of people stocked up on southampton players last week for the dgw (and most got rewarded)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Any games confirmed off then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea FC on Twitter: (external) "Chelsea v Arsenal to go ahead
    unless weather significantly worsens. Fans attending are asked to please leave extra time for journey"

roryc wrote: »
    Any games confirmed off then?

not yet, all 7 of today's going ahead and this from chelsea for tomorroe, going ahead unless weather significantly worsens.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3046360/title/chelsea-v-arsenal-latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Spent a lot of last night walking around London. Can confirm it's snowing heavily and there is ice everywhere. Might actually go to the Chelsea game tomorrow.

Watching it in a warm pub does seem more appealing at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

with all the talk about games being called off and then nothing happening in the end its been the biggest anti climax since the millennium bug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

with all the talk about games being called off and then nothing happening in the end its been the biggest anti climax since the millennium bug
    Never expected anything significant. Still wasn't rushing into transfers though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Looking at my leagues, would love if both games tomorrow get called off.

Advertisement