Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small catholic church dublin

Options
  • 17-01-2013 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi All,

Am planning on getting married in a church next year. I will only be having a very small wedding with approximately 30 people so I am looking for a very small chapel type church. Does anyone know of one in Dublin? Preferably on the north side of Dublin but I'm flexible with that.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

Hi How about the church of St Nicholas Kinsealy Co Dublin, it is a small church, I have always thought it would be lovely to attend a wedding there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

Thanks a mill missyb, I don't know this one. I can only find photos of the outside of it online but it looks nice. Will pop out soon and have a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

I am not familiar with the inside but my partner has said it reminds him of the church we are getting married in (a fairly small country church where I am from). I have seen a good few weddings there ,mostly smaller ones, as I pass by on weekends, the church has on some occasions been done up beautifully on the outside. It is on a busy road but it is definitely one of the smaller churches I have seen in Dublin. Good luck what ever you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Hi!
    Im not sure exactly where abouts on the northside you are or how far oyour willing to travel but I know of two churches that might fit the bill for you.

First is St Mochtas Church in Porterstown,Dublin 15. Its actually my local Church. I love it as its not enormous like some other Churches in the area and its also not a modern Church. I was Baptised and made my communion and confirmation there too and alot of my family have been married here as well so its kind of got a special meaning for me as well.

The second place I would say to check out is The Church of St Brigid and the Sacred Heart, its in Kilbride Co.Meath but is only about 15 mins from Clonsilla. Ive been to three weddings here in the last two years and its very similar to St Mochtas in its layout but is a bit smaller again. Its a lovely little Church and would be my first choice if I wasnt happy with my parish Church.

Advertisement