Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatal Collision, N10 Danefort

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Apparently a four car collision its the 2nd time in a week that there has been a crash on that road. There is a diversion through Danesfort if your coming from Kilkenny and if your heading to Kilkenny they are sending people the Bennetsbridge way. Sad to hear of the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

S28382 wrote: »
    Apparently a four car collision its the 2nd time in a week that there has been a crash on that road. There is a diversion through Danesfort if your coming from Kilkenny and if your heading to Kilkenny they are sending people the Bennetsbridge way. Sad to hear of the death.

Prob be handier head out the new Dublin/Carlow road and meet the motorway towards Waterford, depending on where you're going to I guess though.
    Fog perhaps? Those two lane carriageways are always worst for crashes especially at junctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That's dreadful. RIP :(

Does anyone know where exactly it took place? Like if I went up to the Hebron roundabout and got out to the motorway that way, is the M9 open southbound?

fricatus wrote: »
    That's dreadful. RIP :(

Does anyone know where exactly it took place? Like if I went up to the Hebron roundabout and got out to the motorway that way, is the M9 open southbound?

Says the N10 between the Harvester Pub, Danefort and the Foulkstown cemetary so it could be anywhere in between there then. Motorway unaffected one would assume so I'd say other that alternative is A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Yeah it happened just a bit before the Harvester bar(if your heading towards the M9), it was a good thing(for me) that i was running late this morning as im usually on that road at the time it happened and i would of had my two boys in the car with me. Its a real shame to see these things happen. RIP to the deceased and hopefully those who were injured will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

That's a good wide stretch of road, and I usually presume it to be a fairly safe place to drive. Ill be rethinking that from now on I suppose.

It was very foggy in some places this morning too. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

A 19 year old male killed. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

One of the cars burst into flames after impact .

May he RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I travel that road everyday and it is terrible when you come across an accident and especially one like this morning. May he RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Autosport wrote: »
    I travel that road everyday and it is terrible when you come across an accident and especially one like this morning. May he RIP
    the poor lad was late for work and tried to overtake an artic in the fog. hit an on coming van.

May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The fog was quite bad alrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

the poor lad was late for work and tried to overtake an artic in the fog. hit an on coming van.

May he rest in peace.

I have heard from someone who saw the crash that a courier van was overtaking and hit the young lads cars....

Rip..

pegasus1 wrote: »
    I have heard from someone who saw the crash that a courier van was overtaking and hit the young lads cars....

Rip..

I read the opposite today on the Indo. Poor guy.

Advertisement