Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line

Options
  • 17-01-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I had an eircom person call out today to connect a phone line, on inspection he said there is no connection to the wire in the house, We recently got the garden filled with concrete so there is no grass now, He reckoned that the wire was destroyed underneath it.

He said that it would be upon us to get a new phone line in, and It could cost quite a bit.

I was wondering could anyone tell me how to get this started maybe a company that does this? and how much approx that it would cost, He than gave me his number and said to call when or if this is done to connect it.

The are is Courtown / Riverchapel in Wexford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

GavoTrav wrote: »
    I had an eircom person call out today to connect a phone line, on inspection he said there is no connection to the wire in the house, We recently got the garden filled with concrete so there is no grass now, He reckoned that the wire was destroyed underneath it.

He said that it would be upon us to get a new phone line in, and It could cost quite a bit.

I was wondering could anyone tell me how to get this started maybe a company that does this? and how much approx that it would cost, He than gave me his number and said to call when or if this is done to connect it.

The are is Courtown / Riverchapel in Wexford

Hi GavoTrav,

I sent you a private message with the process requested, if you have any follow up queries / problems let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gav_96

I've read that. It seems a little steep as every other house already has it. I know it may have been damaged by concrete/diggers flattening soil off but 340 odd seems like awful lot to join 2 wires. I read somebody said it only cost them 60 for talking to the right representative.

Also I would not be able to get any of the concrete cut/taken up it would have to go on top along the wall or something.

I've read that. It seems a little steep as every other house already has it. I know it may have been damaged by concrete/diggers flattening soil off but 340 odd seems like awful lot to join 2 wires. I read somebody said it only cost them 60 for talking to the right representative.

Also I would not be able to get any of the concrete cut/taken up it would have to go on top along the wall or something.

Hi GavoTrav,

Can you private message me with your name and address. As well as the order number / telephone number you were given when you placed the initial order, so I can look into the technicians findings please.

Thanks, Mark

Hi GavoTrav,

Can you private message me with your name and address. As well as the order number / telephone number you were given when you placed the initial order, so I can look into the technicians findings please.

Thanks, Mark
    Replied to you

Replied to you

Hi Gavotrav,

Sorry, I will just get back to you on boards.ie from now on that's ok rather than have two conversations going at the one time and boards and the eiircm forum.

I got the private message thanks, and I sent a request to clarify the progress. I will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Gavotrav,

Sorry, I will just get back to you on boards.ie from now on that's ok rather than have two conversations going at the one time and boards and the eiircm forum.

I got the private message thanks, and I sent a request to clarify the progress. I will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Thanks, Mark

Alright. Any news on it? I moved yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Alright. Any news on it? I moved yesterday

Hi GavoTrav

Apologies for trhe delay, we are currently awaiting news back on this and we shall be in touch as soon as we have an update.

Regards

Al

Hi GavoTrav

Apologies for trhe delay, we are currently awaiting news back on this and we shall be in touch as soon as we have an update.

Regards

Al
    okay just get back to me when you can =D

Any word now?

I got this sorted out, Reece an eircom technician came out and fixed it. We found the wire buirred under Tiles in the hallway and it had a connection, he said it will be running in the next 4-5 days with broadband, although I was told I would get a modem in the post it never came over the last 3 weeks

• Advertisement

I got this sorted out, Reece an eircom technician came out and fixed it. We found the wire buirred under Tiles in the hallway and it had a connection, he said it will be running in the next 4-5 days with broadband, although I was told I would get a modem in the post it never came over the last 3 weeks

Hi GavoTrav

Just updating the thread, As per the PMS the broadband order was issued today. The modem should be received in 3-5 working days.

I will continue to reply to your PMs.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement