Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to park in Dunlaoghaire for a few hours?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

Midweek, afternoon, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

homer911 wrote: »
    Midweek, afternoon, any suggestions?
    Maybe clarinda park. In by the tennis courts

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

s14barnes wrote: »
    Maybe clarinda park. In by the tennis courts

I can see P&D meters on the street and in by the tennis courts on Google StreetView so that's going to be no better or cheaper for parking than any other public street in DL.

OP, I think Pay and Display parking on the street is probably cheapest followed by the various private car parks such as the Pavilion or the Royal Marine Hotel if they're not one and the same car park.

Lots of people work in DL and if there's any secret free parking you can be sure the people who work in the area will have those slots filled by the time you arrive in the afternoon so you're going to have to pay and all of the side streets have white boxes and meters.

The harbour area is regulated by the Harbour Police who clamp cars with no valid ticket, the council only issue tickets. The meters in the harbour area want €2 minimum, that's how you tell them from the council meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

coylemj wrote: »

I can see P&D meters on the street and in by the tennis courts on Google StreetView so that's going to be no better or cheaper for parking than any other public street in DL.
    Yup it is p&d but it's always been cheaper in by the tennis courts rather than on the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Thanks, When I discovered it was €2 an hour on the street, I ended up going into the old shopping centre carpark - two hours for €2, lots of spaces.

If anyone knows any better, I'm happy to learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

try the Hospital €2 flat fee, not many spaces though

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

€2 for 2 hours in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre and at least you have peace of mind if you run over time that you are not going to be nabbed by the over-zealous parking ticket men.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

I recieved a ticket last year and refuse to use a DLR meter!

DL shopping centre €2 for the same hours.

Outside McCormacks / Silchester rd areas + 10/15 mins walk. Free.

Advertisement