Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sober Lane to honour HMV vouchers

• 17-01-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Just seen there that Sober Lane will honour any HMV vouchers for lunch during the week - a nice touch.

Also if a deal is done for HMV and new owners decide to honour past vouchers they stand to make a killing... ha ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Just seen there that Sober Lane will honour any HMV vouchers for lunch during the week - a nice touch.

Also if a deal is done for HMV and new owners decide to honour past vouchers they stand to make a killing... ha ha

Fair dues to Sober Lane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That reminds me - not had a pizza and pitcher in ages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wouldn't it be better if they gave the free lunch to all the staff who are now unemployed and looking like they won't get paid what they're owed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Faith wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better if they gave the free lunch to all the staff who are now unemployed and looking like they won't get paid what they're owed?

Jes some people find a problem with everything!

justshane wrote: »

Jes some people find a problem with everything!

I think it's a nice thoughtful gesture, but some people are out 20 quid and others are out of income. I think it would be a better show of goodwill (and generate more publicity, no doubt) if they also extended the offer to staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I say good for Sober Lane! I think it's a really nice gesture. I wonder were the staff of HMV in a trade union - I really hope so for their sake. In these times, it's more important than ever before to have that extra security blanket of Union Membership - it breaks down to the fact that if anything happens in the work place - then it's huge legal bills vs. your monthly/fortnightly Union membership.

The Sober Lane team seem to be a lot more socially conscience than others. Again -well done to them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nothing better to help you get over your inability to buy the latest One Direction album than tucking into some nice horse burger.

Faith wrote: »
    I think it's a nice thoughtful gesture, but some people are out 20 quid and others are out of income. I think it would be a better show of goodwill (and generate more publicity, no doubt) if they also extended the offer to staff.

AFAIK they were well looked after in there last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well done to Sober Lane. So that is two nice things done well by boardies this week.. Nice

gimmick wrote: »

That's great to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If I had the chance I'd buy HMV vouchers at 10% of the value in the UK. I think the pressure for them to accept them is only going to grow. Don't think we'll ever see them reopen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Nice gesture by sober lane but if I had a voucher I'd be holding out and not using it to buy a pizza! As nice as their pizzas are, some people have vouchers for large amounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gimmick wrote: »

The owner of Sober Lane/Electric was on RedFM saying they threw the HMV staff a Christmas party of sorts the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The owner of Sober Lane/Electric was on RedFM saying they threw the HMV staff a Christmas party of sorts the other night.

Ernest said the same on 96fm! :)
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Nice gesture by sober lane but if I had a voucher I'd be holding out and not using it to buy a pizza! As nice as their pizzas are, some people have vouchers for large amounts!

if you have a voucher for a €5/10 its a good deal, he also said on 96fm if its a €50 voucher he's sort something out, so he's not going to take the piss...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steven S

Great gesture, I booked a holiday with Skytours in Dublin yesterday and they asked if I had HMV vouchers which they are accepting! I thought this was a great idea.. Fair play to the Irish for looking after their own!

Advertisement