Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle VHS Tapes in Limerick

• 17-01-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Mungret recycling centre have said they don't take Video tapes.
    I have hundred's, more than can fit in my bin.
    Are there any solutions for this?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Have you tried the charity shops? I volunteer in one and we still get asked for videos by (generally older) people that still have video recorders.

Also the art college - art students love video tapes as raw material, in fact can think of one person right now that might take them off your hands. Gimme a tick and I'll see what I can do ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noonan23

Thanks Fleabag, any help appreciated.
    I tried charity shops and was told they don't take them anymore.
    It seems a serious oversight that no recycling facility will take them either.
    But if you can help, that would be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The only thing I've seen them recycled as is strung out across gardens to keep birds away!

Put them on the freebies section of adverts. Someone might take them

Hi Noonan, messaged the person about the tapes but no reply yet and don't have a number. Can you wait till early next week as I'll see them in person then?

Also I'm in the charity shop tomorrow and I'll see if they'll take some off your hands there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 noonan23

Thanks Fleabag for all the help. You can message me anytime or post here if you have any further news. I do appreciate you trying.

@Noonan23 - Yep, Limerick Animal Welfare on Parnell Street will still take videos so that's one outlet and I'll get back to you later in the week about the art college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Its amazing that vhs tapes and cassette tapes are so much easier to use for small kids and are longer lasting.
    cds and dvds scratched and useless in no time whereas my kids still listen to very old audio cassette story books.

Have a tv video combi in the playroom and it was brilliant when they were small as they could use it themselves quite easily.

I have some well loved kids videos if anyone would like to have them?
    My " modern" dvd collection is only fit for the bin as they are scratched to bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

fleabag wrote: »
    @Noonan23 - Yep, Limerick Animal Welfare on Parnell Street will still take videos so that's one outlet and I'll get back to you later in the week about the art college.

Yes, Limerick Animal Welfare take them - their shop in Roches Street took a large number from us a few weeks ago.

Advertisement