Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting up posters around the city.

Options
  • 17-01-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Are people allowed put up posters around the city these days or do they fined?I was going to put some up a few years ago for Galway Utd games on poles/bins etc but was told not to as the club would get fined.I see a good few posters up these days advertising different meetings,rally's etc.Do these groups get fined or are people allowed put up posters now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

you are liable to receiving a fine for putting up posters. but don't know how enforced it is. some shops and takeaways will let you put up posters inside this is grand and more likely to be looked at than stuck on a light pole

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In short, no it's not allowed unless you have permission from the owner of the structure you're putting the poster on.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Environment/Litter/LitterandtheLaw/

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I assume then that people are being fined these days aswell.It was pretty bad there a few years ago on boarded up shop fronts etc being covered in them and in recent months bins and poles around the city centre having them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From another forum years ago
    maybe its just a galway thing but the city council want me to hand over 125 yoyo for the sin of putting up a poster on a pole.
    And recently
    Hi,a few months ago,I put up 5 large posters around my area,advertising what I do,
    I got some work from them,not a lot,
    I also recived 2 fines ,for separate posters,
    These posters are just like the politicians posters at election time,
    The council want to fine me 150 euro each,

Just ask in shops and put them there.

Advertisement