Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lupus diagnosis at 34 weeks pregnant!!

Options
  • 17-01-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello...

I have a history of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Coeliac disease but stopped all treatment before getting pregnant.

I have been admitted to hospital 3 times since Christmas and just a few days ago got the diagnosis of Lupus from my Rheumatologist. This is it's first presentation.

I know of no one who has had this onset in pregnancy. Is there anyone out there who can tell me of their experience of risks to the baby and to me?

My rheumatologist has urged me to change hospital asap and to get to one of the larger city hospitals that cater for Rheumatology, Obstetrics and Neo-Natal Intensive Care. This has terrified me. I don't want to add unnecessary worry to the mix - but would like to hear of other people's experiences.....

Thanks!

Advertisement