Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI - Glasgow

Options
  • 17-01-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've been a BOI customer for years now, but as of this week I am moving to Scotland to start a new job. I see that Bank of Ireland has a branch in Glasgow. 

Is there a way to transfer my account to that branch, or do I need to set up a separate account? Main reason I need a UK account is to avoid charges etc for wages and ATMs etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Alt_M,

You can switch your account from one branch to another, however, we do not currently have a branch in Glasgow. The nearest branch would be located in Northern Ireland.

You can find more information about switching your account here. We will arrange to have your direct debits and standing orders automatically changed over for you and we'll arrange for your salary to be paid into your new account.

You can apply online here to have your account switched over.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement