Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom fitter

• 17-01-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a fitter for a small-sh bathroom.

I need the bath, sink and toilet replaced, in roughly the same place. I also need it re-tiled.

I plan to remove the old units and tiles and have it ready for a new fitter.

Also, how much is the going rate? I'm thinking about 3 days work. 1 to tile and 2 more for the rest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Where in the country are you? Cost will be very dependent on the standard of finish you are trying to achieve.Are you buying the tiles and suite yourself.Are you demolishing the old bathroom yourself? you should probably allow 2 days for tiling and 2 to 3 days for the plumbing (all ways allow for worst case scenario)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

quarryman wrote: »

I need the bath, sink and toilet replaced, in roughly the same place.

"Roughly the same place" can be a nightmare for a plumber , and can end up being a lot of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dpofloinn wrote: »
    Where in the country are you? Cost will be very dependent on the standard of finish you are trying to achieve.Are you buying the tiles and suite yourself.Are you demolishing the old bathroom yourself? you should probably allow 2 days for tiling and 2 to 3 days for the plumbing (all ways allow for worst case scenario)

I'm buying the tiles.

I'll be removing the old units and tiles.

Based in south dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

In that case given that its a handy sized bathroom I would budget it at roughly E300 for the tiler and about the same for the plumber with a contingency of approx E180 for all the extra bits that weren't in the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm buying the tiles.

I'll be removing the old units and tiles.

Based in south dublin.

Are you buying the adhesive and grout ? Can add to the tilers cost considerably if you are not.

Are you retilng the floor also, and if so, is it concrete?

If the walls are plasterboard, don't be surprised if they disintegrate when you are removing the tile so allow for this.

Extremely handy if you have a spare bathroom/ensuite to use when this is going on, as it will take a few days (if it's a one man operation)

Just a few things to be aware of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement