Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas how mice are getting into our attic?

• 17-01-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi, we are 3 years in our house and each year we have the same problem with mice. we have gone through the house thoroughly and sealed up any cracks /holes we can see.
    We thought we had escaped this year but last night we heard the same rattling noise of mice in the attic.

we have no idea how they are getting in. any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Check outside, a mouse can fit through a hole the size of a 10c piece.
    Other places to check are sewer pipe entrances and water pipe entrances.
    Ventilation grilles in the foundation are also common places for rodent entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Thanks for your reply. do u no can they can into the ventilation grills in the fascia. If so can they get into the attic from there and how can i stop them doing so.

we have checked the house numerous times and cant figure it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,557 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mice can run up a vertical red brick wall. I have seen it with my own eyes. Where the top of the outside wall meets the roof are usually plenty of gaps more than big enough for a mouse to enter.

Edit here. Most people don't believe me but look at this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spider mouse
    Spider mouse
    Does whatever a spider mouse does
    does he swing from a web?
    No he can't
    He's a mouse
    Lookout!
    Here comes the spider mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JonEBGud

As the weather gets colder mice will be looking for more comfortable board and lodgings. As unkel said they are very resourceful and can get through very small holes and cracks. Also they can come in through open doors and windows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement