Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement of Flusher

• 17-01-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

just need a little help.

I am trying to replace the flusher assembly.

In the first photo of the pusher rockers I cant seem to remove the button assembly. Any thoughts?

Secondly in the last photo I think I may need to replace the assembly as the wire is not returning to the original position thereby allowing the blue piece to seal the tank for refilling. Can the wire be removed and fitted to a new "white plastic piece" What is the name of this piece?

Many thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

:confused:First one just pops out, you might need a bit of effort if you look at the bottem it should be split so you can push it out.
    Second on it comes as a one pice unit with the wire, why do you need to replace it, whats wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

The wire looks broken you need a new syphon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Those yokes a a curse to repair, get a syphon kit and replace the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

aujopimur wrote: »
    Those yokes a a curse to repair, get a syphon kit and replace the lot.
    Aujo, not that easy, if your cistern has no front hole for the flush handle. Assuming you are talking about changing out the unit for the more common mechanism ?

@OP. your pics are a little confusing as the activator/push button, appears to be in the correct position. The push button just pulls off. You can see the small retaining clips at the end of the threaded section. Just give it a good yank and it'll free itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

I managed to disconnect the old push button and fit the new one. The wire is broken I think because when I push the flush button the wire shortens and lifts the flush valve but it wont return to its initial closed position after releasing the flush button thereby not sealing the cistern and allowing it to refill. Do I need a new syphon system? Or can I buy the white piece in photo 2 with a new length of wire cable?

Thanks everyone for your input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

As I said
    sullzz wrote: »
    The wire looks broken you need a new syphon

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Thanks sullz

Advertisement