Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos from Buncrana/Inishowen.

Options
  • 17-01-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I tripped over a link the other day to a collection of old, and not so old, photos from the Buncrana and Inishowen part of the world. Here it is in case it is of interest to anyone.

http://www.inishowen.net/The-Miller-Collection/Part1/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The very first photo is captioned Victoria Road, Buncrana...is that now St.Mary's Road?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Penfailed wrote: »
    The very first photo is captioned Victoria Road, Buncrana...is that now St.Mary's Road?
    That does look like St. Mary's Road. It looks like the photographer was stand in the grounds of what is the Oratory now.
    Funny thing is that I had had the impression that St. Oran's Road had been known as Victoria Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Joe 90 wrote: »
    That does look like St. Mary's Road. It looks like the photographer was stand in the grounds of what is the Oratory now.

That's what I thought.
    Joe 90 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that I had had the impression that St. Oran's Road had been known as Victoria Road.

The bridge on St.Oran's Road is Victoria Bridge :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement