Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who had the best draft?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Here is the list of the teams and their top two Rookie selections, just to give an indication of who had a good draft and who didn't. This doesn't take into account whether they will be starters at their position or what kind of picks people had to work with.

Buccs Brewer HB 75, three rookies on 74(Moseley TE, Zagzebski QB, Reese Lolb)
    Cards Reyez LG 71, Parker K 70
    Chargers Cherry WR 78, Baker LE 75
    Chiefs Silver WR 81, Bullock TE 75
    Colts Parker CB 78, Powell HB 69
    C'Boys Dunaway RG 70, Broadnax MLB 70
    Dolphins Royster CB 79, Bibb WR 71
    Texans Holland DT 73, Coleman FS 73
    Titans Reynolds SS 62, Roane C 47
    Vikings Jones MLB 80, Robinson HB 69
    Bears Allen LT 77, Walker LOLB 75
    Bengals Smith K 85, Wharton CB and Belton P 74
    Bills Berry LT 82, Chandler HB 80
    Broncos Shetson C 81, Jones FS 77
    Browns Rodgers Rolb 76, Givens CB 73
    Eagles Woodard RG 87, Robinson CB 72
    Falcons Quill LT 83, Boules LE 82
    49ers Armstrong WR 79, Dargan RG 77
    Giants Sera TE 73, Nelson QB 69
    Jags Davis RE 83, Jenkins WR 75
    Jets Parks RG 78, Jones CB 73
    Lions Arnold RT 84, Watts FB 79
    Packers Crawford DT 84, Stewart LE 81 and Jackson RT 80
    Panters Martin P 73, Ruffing LE 72
    Pats Carter RT 78, Dukes Mlb 77
    Raiders Brown FB 74, Alt QB 73
    Rams McCoy RE 72, McDonald LT 71
    Ravens Bass LT 77, Hanks HB 72
    Redskins Foster MLB 82, Roland WR 80
    Saints Brown FS 74, Allen WR 73
    S'Hawks Geiger LG 81, Peterson DT 76
    Steelers McKoy HB 76, May CB 69

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I had a good draft , picked up a nickel corner , a situational pass rusher and a Olinemen for depth in first round . Everything I hoped for .

I got a beast mode running back in 2nd .
    3rd a poor WR
    4th picked up a great blocking TE which I know berty would have drafted right after me .

5th saw me get a back up RE ( meh)

6th saw a kicker I know !
    7th his an solid WR with excellent speed acceleration and good release plus he can catch and run a route . ( this was lucky I was just looking for a decent deep threat in scouting for last two rounds . He's on par with Jeremy Kerley and he's quicker than him.)

So with free agency and the draft I have my running game much improved with a 3 Tight ends that can block . I have 2 running backs that compliment each other .

I've filled the hole left by Acromarite. In the DB area.

I've added depth to an already excellent pass rush .

So I am a happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You can clearly see that the LT-RT class was very good, where as the WR/CB class was more even but slightly lower. DT class wasn't great either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Bengals Nabbed 4 players I was going to take that round, so I would say they had the best draft.

For myself, picked up a RT in the first round after the top 2 targets didnt last to number 17.

I picked up a 78 rated corner in the second round which I was happy with.

Also picked up a SS but none of the SS were much good so don't think he'll be more than a backup.
    Same with a LE and G I picked up, backups at best.

I also grabbed a FB who looks pretty good, I had to take a Kicker on Punter that I hadnt scouted and the kicker it turns out has 97 KPW.

In round 7 I picked up a half back with very good speed, Acceleration, OK Carrying. Terrible awareness though(15 I believe).

Overall Happy enough, a couple of starters which is all you can really expect from a draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

madalig12 wrote: »
    You can clearly see that the LT-RT class was very good, where as the WR/CB class was more even but slightly lower. DT class wasn't great either.

It was very much so a Oline heavy draft. not a lot of talent outside those positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs actually traded away their 2nd round pick for Dallas's 1st round and FS Lewis so their 1st round pick of QB Merrian at #15 is not on the schedule above. I had scouted a few QB and was very excited when he fell to me only to be a little disappointed when I found out when I saw his actual stats a couple of hours later ( it was a long draft ) that he is only rated 74 overall no matter what scheme. He is about the same as Cassel but he will get the starting job as he has the Tight Spiral and Clutch traits. I also looked at the rosters afterwards and he seems to be the best QB in the draft.

Picked up an excellent WR Silver (81) at #32, then with no 2nd round pick made tea and had a great chat with Rob/Adrian/Heli/Dave. Round 3I picked up an excellent TE Bullock (74) at #96. The 3 players I wanted to get from the draft were then sorted and I had not scouted any other positions so I ended up drafting another WR I had scouted Harper (72) in R4. So round 5 was a RE, R6 a safety rated 65 and Mr Irrelevant was a FB rated 66.

Slightly disappointed that the QB was not better but delighted with the other 3 offensive weapons I got.

In summary both my 1st round picks will be on the field 90% of the time, R3 will see plenty of playing time, R4 some playing time, the RE will be backup and the rest will be cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Don't think I got one player that will actually start! What a disaster of a draft. I couldn't make it so let the CPU do it, saving all my scouting points until next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Came in for 2 things. #2 WR and dimeback. Got Rashon Williams to play WR in first, only rated 73 or so but 99 speed, 98 acceleration with other attributes acceptable. As for dimeback, got Christian Calhoun who's also not the greatest player but he can cover man-to-man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got the 2 mentioned in the original post, RE Davis who is a very promising run stopping RE, and WR Jenkins who doesn't have the speed I wanted but has very good hands. Also picked up a TE Kolhausen who many others wanted, only a 74 in the balanced scheme I'm running, but he's a blocking TE and is 81 in that scheme. Marcedes Lewis is my #1 TE as he is a great all rounder, but I'm very happy with my backup options as I have Todd Heap to receive and Kolhausen to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Jets had a serious draft, seemed like every time I looked they were on the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jets, 49ers and Bengals seemed to be every 2 picks! And in the 7th the Panthers must have traded down 6 or 7 times!

Also totally forgot the Tennessee Titans were an NFL club until the 7th. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

For your facts mikey... I had a 5th round pick!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mentioned in the other thread but put here too.
    Got my 1st choice with Adam Shetson in the first round,rated 81 above but is 86 on my team.
    2nd round I was eyeing a 2 safeties b.coleman and T.jones,coleman was gone so I went with jones who was slated to go in the 6th but I didn't want to take the chance.Rated 77 but in the free safety skills section he's almost 80 in every 1 of those.
    3rd round pretty much all the players I wanted were gone so I went for the Curryman,DJ Curry,rated 76,pretty happy with his skills,speed in the 90's,route running in the 80's and a spectacular catch at 85,big bomb to the Curryman I hear you say,his catching is low so that will have to be the first thing improved.
    After that I left it to the cpu to pick up the rest.
    All in all pretty happy with my draft,out of the above Shetson will definately start,Curryman and Decker will battle it out on the wings and jones will probably slot in somewhere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Very happy with the 3 listed and the late WR I drafted was intended as a spot filler not a starter and should function fine it that role.

Will like cut the 4th and 5th rounders the CPU drafted for me... Underwhelming at best!

Everyone destroyed my draft board so happy to get what I did from it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Flicking through the Pro Bowls I noticed there was also a list up for the Offensive Rookie of the year and Defensive Rookie,I dunno if these lists means anything but if they do it might show how well some peoples rookies have progressed.
    AFC OROY Top 3
    1.J Merian Chiefs
    2.H.Haynes Bengals
    3.E.Mckoy Steelers

*DJ Curry/Broncos sneaks onto the list at 8

AFC DROY Top 3
    1.M.Carson Raiders
    2.T.Jones Broncos
    3.Z.Royster Dolphins

NFC OROY Top 3
    1.R.Williams Panthers
    2.J.Armstrong 49ers
    3.M.Roland Redskins

*the buccs have 4 players outside the top 3

NFC DROY Top 3
    1.J.Abreu Seahawks
    2.L.Williams Bears
    3.T.Taylor Lions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Flicking through the Pro Bowls I noticed there was also a list up for the Offensive Rookie of the year and Defensive Rookie,I dunno if these lists means anything but if they do it might show how well some peoples rookies have progressed.
    AFC OROY Top 3
    1.J Merian Chiefs
    2.H.Haynes Bengals
    3.E.Mckoy Steelers

*DJ Curry/Broncos sneaks onto the list at 8

AFC DROY Top 3
    1.M.Carson Raiders
    2.T.Jones Broncos
    3.Z.Royster Dolphins

NFC OROY Top 3
    1.R.Williams Panthers
    2.J.Armstrong 49ers