Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing between two kindles

Options
  • 17-01-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

is there a way that books can be shared between two kindles without using the one account?

I have the Kindle Keyboard and my cousin has the (whats known as) Kindle (no keyboard) and we want to be able to share books. I simply copy and pasted books from mine to hers last nite but when we tried to open them on her kindle it said the licensed user didn't match (which makes sense i suppose) can this be bypassed or is sharing not possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

kassie wrote: »
    is there a way that books can be shared between two kindles without using the one account?

I have the Kindle Keyboard and my cousin has the (whats known as) Kindle (no keyboard) and we want to be able to share books. I simply copy and pasted books from mine to hers last nite but when we tried to open them on her kindle it said the licensed user didn't match (which makes sense i suppose) can this be bypassed or is sharing not possible?

Problem is the DRM (Digital Rights Management).

Books without DRM can be transferred no problems

Take a look a Calibre (PC Program) for how to buy and transfer non DRM books.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

thanks richard, i thought i had calibre downloaded on my laptop but when i went to look for it it wasn't there, but i did use it to put a book onto my kindle a friend had sent me! It might just need re-downloading maybe!

do you know if this DRM be overwritten on kindles?

thanks richard, i thought i had calibre downloaded on my laptop but when i went to look for it it wasn't there, but i did use it to put a book onto my kindle a friend had sent me! It might just need re-downloading maybe!

http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/calibre-plugins-the-simplest-option-for-removing-most-ebook-drm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The DRM is on the book, not the kindle per se. As the previous poster said, you can copy a book that has no DRM with ease.

Advertisement