Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer with €4k worth of heroin gets suspended sentence?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

WTF is going on here in Waterford!

Was reading in the paper there that a drug dealer got a suspended sentence after being caught with €4000 euro worth of Heroin!

If i was caught with €4000 euro worth counterfit clothes id be in serious sh't.

This is unreal with the problems this city has with drugs and crime and the damage that amount of drugs would cause to young people and the dealer gets leniance?? hardly something thats gonna stop him from doing it again or his friends for that matter, How is the city suppose to clean itself up when this type of crap goes on, The guards in fairness must be p/ssed off at it aswell whats the point in them catching the guy???

Lock your doors up tight tonight set the alarm and keep your kids in cos these people are allowed loose on our streets! judges live in ivory towers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

It was in the News and Star ill see can i dig it out!

Nah cant find it unfortunately! its in the paper though!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

what was the reason given for him not getting sent away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Prob had a had a hard life and an alcohol problem from his teenage years but he's really sorry and wants to turn his life around

Cos he was supposedly a different man than he was in 2010, Fear of going down does do that to you, he also went into a programme but did relapse so basicly then hes still on it, but he owed alot of money out to people and that the judge sympathised with him, he also said it should have been before a higher court because it was so serious! so much crap its unreal!

Should have been sent away end of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Maybe he helped the gardai with their inquiries.

Tried to save his skin more like, If he wasnt caught would he have tried to clean up his act? would he have been sorry? no! he was caught so he tried to save his own skin the best way he thought he could!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Prob had a had a hard life and an alcohol problem from his teenage years but he's really sorry and wants to turn his life around

yeah or maybe he is in treatment, he has a child on the way and has enrolled in a FAS course...usual nonsense that seems to get people off scot free, the judicial system here is a joke.

Max Powers wrote: »
    yeah or maybe he is in treatment, he has a child on the way and has enrolled in a FAS course...usual nonsense that seems to get people off scot free, the judicial system here is a joke.

Bleeding scangers, the judges are away wtih the fairy's, I wonder if they are told by the powers that be to be leanient cos there no room in the prison system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bleeding scangers, the judges are away wtih the fairy's, I wonder if they are told by the powers that be to be leanient cos there no room in the prison system.

I'm sure that's taken into account. Spend a Tuesday or Thursday in the courtroom, and if you can follow it, you'll see completely crazy sentences being handed out, or even thrown out for stupid things ("I never got the fine in the post", "Why?", "I changed address", "Did you notify x of change of address?", "No", "Ok, strike out").

Or someone with 50+ previous convictions getting the Probation Act or a suspended sentences because he's promised to be good... Pathetic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement