Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot get far cry 3 for the xbox in smyths, help!

Options
  • 17-01-2013 3:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭

I cannot get far cry 3 in smyths for love or money.i got a gift voucher at xmas for 60 yoyo's and everytime i look online at smyths preferably the jervis street store it is sold out.
    i've emailed smyths and now they have told me they will not be ever stocking it again in jervis street.
    this i can not understand.:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

umm...is jervis the only smyths around?

if you want it that bad, try a diff store...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

eh, no.i don't have a car and i'm not sure the gift voucher is transferable from the jervis street branch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

try hmv..actually dont! I traded in mine to CEx the other day , got 33e, more than it cost me. I don't have the time to devote to playing it at the moment. My point being there are other stores. I think I paid 28e on amazon and had it within 4 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Did you check to see if they have any preowned stock, they may not be getting any new stock in but I bet there are plenty of people trading in around now.

first, i won't go elsewhere as i said to those already!
    i have a gift voucher!
    smyths don't do pre-owned games either:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

murphyaii wrote: »
    first, i won't go elsewhere as i said to those already!
    i have a gift voucher!
    smyths don't do pre-owned games either:(

Unless they stopped very recently they do preowned games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

What do you expect the members of an internet message board to do for you in this situation, march on the single Smyths store that you will go to and demand they stock the one game you want? Seriously, your voucher will work in any Smyths and if you aren't going to go to a different store, then pick another game in the store you will visit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

stop whining
    you have a voucher
    theirs more then one smyths
    if your not willing to go to another smyths store
    what do you expect us to do? you have been given solutions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Only Swords and Fonthill seem to have it in stock in Dublin.

For Swords, you can get the 41 or 41B to Airside (the retail park where Smyths is in Swords, stop 3676 would do) from Lower Abbey St. If you'd prefer a trip through the port tunnel, the Swords Express service will take you to Airside too (stop 22). It's about 2 minutes walk closer to Smyths than the Dublin Bus stop. It departs from Eden Quay.

Or for Fonthill, try the 51D from Wood Quay (there are stops before that, but that one's closest to Jervis St.) You'd want stop 4688 or 4689 to get to Smyths.

Smyths do sell second hand games, and a Smyths voucher will work in all Smyths.

Smyths x 7

i was trying to avoid going elsewhere due to my condition(laziness)
    as jervis street is closest to my work.
    i'll make a effort to go to fonthill.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Unless they stopped very recently they do preowned games.

They did before xmas, but they either sold out of every preowned or they pulled the preowned bin in January. My local Smyths has no second hand games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

murphyaii wrote: »
    i was trying to avoid going elsewhere due to my condition(laziness):)

:p man after my own heart :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

They did before xmas, but they either sold out of every preowned or they pulled the preowned bin in January. My local Smyths has no second hand games.
    There was a three for two on pre owned in early January so most stores are completely run down. As for Far Cry, wouldn't expect it back anywhere before mid February when all the stock takes are done

Advertisement