Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total costs in the IEC scheme

Options
  • 17-01-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Police cert free
    My passport is valid for another 5 years. so thankfully didn't need to renew that
    I went with go4less so that's set me back another 75 euro
    The visa itself is 100 odd euro.
    Travel insurance 2 years=286 euro
    Flight to Calgary 400-450 euro 1 way in April.
    Deposit for 2 weeks in hostel 20 euro

So i suppose for me anyway its going to cost 700 odd euro to get over there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ah, so you don't need to prove that you have a return flight? (which would be silly if you think about it, as it's a 2 year visa, not like the Aus WHV)

Do you HAVE to get travel insurance?

no you don't need to prove that you have a return flight.

and yes insurance is needed 2 years can be got for 286:)

Nice one. Not too expensive overall then. If I am successful in getting the visa, I'm staying with a buddy in Vancouver initially...

Lucky soo :) going solo myself sure will be a bit of life experience and all that jazz. if i don't like it i can come home and at least i no i tried. that's the way i am looking at it anyway:)

• Advertisement

Well, I still have to secure a job. Who knows. Vancouver might not be for me. Maybe Toronto. Again, it's all visa dependant anyhow.

True that all about the visa:)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Garda clearance - free
    Passport it needed - €80 + €9 for passport express
    Medical if needed €300 (only needed for certain jobs like working in health care or with children)
    Visa, last year was €110, for a 1 year visa, at a guess €220 this year for the 2 year visa. But that's purely a guess it may be more or less :)
    2 year travel insurance €286
    Flight depending on where you are flying to and when €600 - €1000
    $2500 in your bank account to show you can support yourself abroad. If I get a visa I will be bringing $5000 just to have a cushion if I don't find work for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

You can get flights to toronto from skyscanners for 280 one way. Loads of dates avaliable. I have my iec from last year and just booked for the 8th of May , its Dublin to Heathrow and then to Toronto with Brittish Airways.

Advertisement