Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a System

Options
  • 17-01-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi.
    I have a small bungalow in the countryside which is around 1000 sq ft. I am looking to get a wireless alarm system. There are 9 windows in the house and front and rear access. The house consists of 3 bedrooms, sitting room, kitchen, bathroom, utility and L shaped hall way. What would people recommend as regards manufacturers and setups. I would spend up to €700 . If there are any good online retailers that I could look up also. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC Quantum or Powermax Complete would be the ideal panels for this application. Does your budget include installation by a licensed company ? If so you may need to up your budget if you want everything covered.
    Ideally here you would have shock sensors 7 contacts on all windows & at least 2 PiRs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You can install it yourself and ask a mate to help once he's not paid :-)
    The HKC quatum would work or the powermax power master .
    You'll need to up your budget regardless unless you wire a few thing such as PIRs since you're in a bungalow it's easier
    Sensors cost €60
    9 x €60 = €540
    Quantum kit inc dialler / inc 2 rf PIRs + 1 rf reed and 1 rf shock . 1 rf sabb and 1 rf keyfob
    €400

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

MC sensors are not yet available here for the Powermaster. So if this is something your looking at doing now it would have to be the Powermax Complete or the Quantum.

Advertisement