Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I phone 5

• 17-01-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Out of contract in Feb, I have an I phone 4, would it be worth my while to upgrade, is the 5 that much better.

Thanks

Mako

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Hold Off more then likely we will see an Iphone 5s on the market in the coming months.

Plus the Galaxy S3 is a far better phone then what the Iphone is,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mcko wrote: »
    Out of contract in Feb, I have an I phone 4, would it be worth my while to upgrade, is the 5 that much better.

Thanks

Mako

New one will be out approx October 2013. If you can wait at long then go for it. I don't know if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

kceire wrote: »
    New one will be out approx October 2013. If you can wait at long then go for it. I don't know if I could.

Could be coming out in July... Supposedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Cork24 wrote: »
    Plus the Galaxy S3 is a far better phone then what the Iphone is,

….and if he switched to it he would have to start from scratch with his music library, calendar, apps etc….. where as the upgrade to iPhone 5 would be seamless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Personally, i switched to an iphone 5 and think its way better. It's faster, lighter and makes the 4 seem really clunky in comparison. And for 2 years I loved my 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have a 5 and its much better. The 5S won't be a big change-up in my opinion so the next significant jump will be 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Thanks for all the replies will change over in Feb, son will make me as he wants my phone lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Jofspring wrote: »

….and if he switched to it he would have to start from scratch with his music library, calendar, apps etc….. where as the upgrade to iPhone 5 would be seamless.

That's untrue, you can copy everything except apps to an s3 from iTunes.

@op
    Seeing as you have the 4, then going for the 5 is a good choice. With that said, the 4S and 5 are really not that different, aside from the weight and length and a slightly sharper screen.

Best advice would be to hold off till summer and see if a 5S is coming out.

Advertisement