Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hartstown Night Courses

Options
  • 17-01-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever done any of the night courses in Hartstown Community School? They are starting up at the end of January.

http://www.hartstown-cep.com

Are the classes worth doing? Are all the classes run or are there some that won't be due to lack of numbers? Considering maybe signing up to the Joy of Cooking one...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Go for it.
    I did one a few years back (wood carving) and really enjoyed it, met some very nice people there.
    If there arent enough numbers the course wont run, while the more popular courses get booked up in a flash!

PS, you link seems to be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

+1 for the courses. I did an Indian/Asian cooking course a few years ago and it was great. The teacher (Jackie) was lovely and we learned to make some very tasty dishes. Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Link is working fine for me.

With night classes it all comes down to who is teaching the class and how prepared they are. I did one a few years ago (not in Hartstown) and by the end of it I was the only one left. It was rubbish.

You will learn something though and you will meet new people so you might as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Must have been a temporary error, is fine now.

Maybe I should do the 'computers for beginners' course on Monday nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Myself and the wife have done a few courses and enjoyed them. I did a cooking one and i was the only bloke there, it was good . Met some nice people at the same time and you get to know them at the break over a coffee etc.
    We did Indian head massage last year which was fun :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Thanks for the feedback. I've signed up for the course so there is no going back now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Give us a week by week feedback on how you get on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Give us a week by week feedback on how you get on ;)

The class is not running due to lack of numbers. Guess it wasn't meant to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I had tried to book 3 different courses due to start yesterday, all 3 were unavailable due to low numbers, a shame. The man on the phone said they're doing up the website and trying to get word out for next semester in the hope of an increase of numbers. Will try again at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Anyone do the golf courses here? not sure to do beginners or Improvers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Anyone do the golf courses here? not sure to do beginners or Improvers

If you can swing a club gav I'd go for improvers....Beginners likely for lads who have never played (or women at any level :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

wardie101 wrote: »
    If you can swing a club gav I'd go for improvers....Beginners likely for lads who have never played (or women at any level :p )

Ha cheers. Im on the lookout for a beginners astroturf one also :P

Advertisement