Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where this is?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the attached photo was taken?

It's a picture from www.southwestwalksireland.com and it's in the Dingle Peninsula Hike section.

I want to know because it looks like an amazing place for a walk...

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That looks like the path leading up towards Carauntoohil rather than the Dingle Peninsula to me. It could be deceptive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I thought the same, although the ridge in the centre looks too "soft" maybe it's just the angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

How about the path above Annascaul Lake?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

How about the path above Annascaul Lake?
    Could be. Or maybe the valley on the other side if you carry on from Lough Annascaul and go over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

It is the path leading into either Maghanaboe (like above poster says) - grid ref 550 085; or the path leading into Loch an Duin - grid ref 530 070. OSI Map 70 for both trails.

Parking/access used to be a slight issue at the first hike. The second hike has a clear entrance gate and sign boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BriangC

I agree with Nathan. Definately Maghanabo

Here is another pic looking the other way back down the valley to Tralee Bay from near Beenbo (474m). Its a super walk

Advertisement